This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imma tell your boss!

Good grief, dude. So the past few days I've been taking inbound customer service calls to help out, at Boss Lady's direction, not of my own accord. Of course calls for me come in at the same time and go to my voicemail. Those are my clients and I have at least 450 of them, or did at start of the quarter. As per process I sent a nastygram last week because I was being ignored. Suddenly someone cares because the controller has left voicemails while I was on the phone, stating we're wrong, blah blah. Look, my ledger updates in real time. Ya haven't paid us. He told me if that if I didn't call him THAT DAY then he'd call and tell my manager on me. Um, go 'head. Boss Lady doesn't care. I'M the last stop before outside collections. You're assigned to ME. The second email was a threat to call their attorney. OK, pretty sure s/he knows what a legally binding contract is. I have stats to hit, projects assigned, and other departments' work to do. I don't have time to argue with this dude.

ETA: just received an email with a check copy. Yep, just as I told him in my last email, payment went to their credit line which is a totally different division of the company than our finance dept. I already emailed him, telling him they go to different boxes, that you can't send them together. So I will transfer the funds and waive a couple of fees but I KNOW this will happen again and I'll have to do this all over again until we finally close their contract and send them to outside collections. Am I calling him? No way. Even in emails he talks down to me. Why am I going to let that into my home space? (I'm working from home and I don't need to receive phonecalls like that here.)
    Last edited by Food Lady; 04-28-2020, 08:47 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

The "I'll tell your boss!" sounds like the also-overused threat "I'll sue!!" After you hear it a few times, you just roll your eyes and let it fly past you.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It's the grown-ups equivalent of "I'm telling Mom...!"

Comment

"Since you have threatened legal action we will no longer be conducting business. Any further emails from your address will be printed and forwarded to our legal department. Please provide your lawyer's contact info so that our legal team can assess the situation. Best of luck!"

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          "Since you have threatened legal action we will no longer be conducting business. Any further emails from your address will be printed and forwarded to our legal department. Please provide your lawyer's contact info so that our legal team can assess the situation. Best of luck!"
          That is our policy as well. If you say you are going to talk to your lawyer or are going to sue us then I can inform you that I can no longer talk to you and you need to have your lawyer communicate with our legal department.

Comment

Fees

Quoth Dave in MD View Post
            That is our policy as well. If you say you are going to talk to your lawyer or are going to sue us then I can inform you that I can no longer talk to you and you need to have your lawyer communicate with our legal department.
            So they call their lawyers, find out what the minimal fees will be win or lose, pick themselves off the floor and then will never call you back.
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-10-2020, 04:03 AM. Reason: You dropped this: [

Comment

Working...
            X