This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously hold the onions

Background: I am very sensitive to onions, it's not life threatening but I do get violently ill after ingesting them.

Last month my boyfriend stopped at the nearby Carl's Jr to pick up burgers. he always makes a point about mentioning that I cannot eat onions when ordering. My burger had a No Onions sticker on it and still had them on it.

Yesterday we go in together, I mention no onions because it will make me sick. We get home and I check the burger at first it looked all right.

Luckily there was too much lettuce on the burger and I took some off revealing three small slices of onion in it. I don't know if they are doing deliberately of if they simply don't pay attention. All I know is I will be avoiding that store, I have never had this problem in any other Carl's Jr that I have ordered from.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

If you order any kind of burger or sandwich and make very clear what you don't want on it, and you get that particular topping or condiment anyways, you have a right to complain. This is why I always open up my to-go burgers from Mickey D's before I leave.

Comment

Please call and speak to a manager. Ask them to retrain their employees on allergy precautions. It may save someone's life.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I've ranted on here about mayo too many times to count. I have the same reaction to mayo that you have to onions. Not life threatening, but really, really messy.

Always, always, always open your burger and check it before leaving the store. There is normally a bench or table nearby that you can quickly check it on. I normally check it on the bench where the straws and napkins are at Macca's. If it is wrong, get them to remake it immediately. Doesn't matter if they are super busy or not, it should have been correct the first time.

Macca's stores have gotten much better over the years. It's got to be at least 4 or 5 years since a burger has needed to be redone. But KFC are pathetic. There are a few that I just won't go to because their staff don't seem to be able to follow very basic instructions.

For example: a twister at KFC has chicken strips, lettuce, tomato and mayo in a wrap. I can't have mayo and don't like tomato, so I asked for 'a twister with no mayo and no tomato'. That leaves chicken and lettuce, yes? Shouldn't be hard, right? It is just 2 ingredients instead of 4, correct? The amount of times I have gotten chicken and mayo in the wrap is ridiculous.

I had them re-make it twice at one store and still got chicken and mayo. Not a small amount of mayo either. So I stood there in front of the manager and told him to go and get the tub of lettuce, a wrap and chicken strips because he was going to make it right there in front of me on the counter. (This was in the middle of dinner rush with at least 10 people/groups deep at all 5 registers.) I made sure I was loud enough that most of the people in the queues could hear why he was doing it because I didn't want them to think I was just being a SC. He made the wrap right there in front of me and I said something like 'that wasn't so hard now, was it? Next time have your staff make order correctly and you won't have grumpy customers or lawsuits for causing allergic reactions.' And I walked off. Then complained to Head Office the next day. Made it clear I wasn't after freebies, but did want the whole store re-trained on food allergies and making custom orders.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I think a lot of it is force of habit. That DOES NOT EXCUSE IT, but it kind of explains it? But yeah, I would have been livid if it happened to me.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I dislike cilantro, it tastes like not so fresh fish, and I simply don't want it in my meal even if my meal has fish as the main protein. I always ask for "No cilantro" and you guessed it my meal comes crowned with the evil herb.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I posted this once before,
              I once had a worker literally put cilantro in my pho as i was saying, 'No Cilantro, i said no cilantro, no cilantro, no, stop, no no no no no.... you need to re make that now'

I try my best to weed out food with pineapple on the menu but some places, namely asian places, don't feel that pineapple is an actual ingredient.

I can't tell you the number of times i've read 'Chicken, brocolli, carrots, ect. in house sauce' and gotten a plate of something with all that and big chucks of pineapple.

now i only order some that says garlic, blackbean, or brown sauce, or is spicy, they never put pineapple in those.

Comment

This international place (near my home) has freshly baked bread, so rather than have a hard burnt piece of bread and meat, I prefer not toasted. It's not as bad as vomiting, or being really ill, but still, I just wanted fresh. That's what they advertise - fresh bread.

Chose my bread, type of meat.

Worker: "Would you like it toasted?"
                Me: "No Thanks"

Chose my type of cheese.

Chose all salads

Worker heads towards oven with my sandwich.

Me: "Not toasted, thanks" (She doesn't stop) "NOT TOASTED" (Still going) "NOT TOASTED NOT TOASTED NOT TOASTED"

She stops and looks at me hesitantly.

Me: "Not toasted, thanks"

She looks annoyed and puts it back on the counter.

Worker: "Not toasted?"
                Me: 'Not toasted!"

If you count (and I did) it was 10 times I said what I wanted, and she finally got it after that. I was close to walking out. Do I have to have an argument before I can get it not toasted?

Comment

That is some serious autopilot there.

I also don't have butter, salt or pepper on any of my salad sandwiches. I've had to say multiple times not to add any of these, but never that often.

I like my salad naked.
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                    Do I have to have an argument before I can get it not toasted?
                    I haven't gotten a sub sandwich in a long time but when I was younger I didn't like mustard. You know how hard it was to get them to ONLY put mayo on the sandwich? I mean, they asked, "mayo and mustard?" and I said "mayo only" and they grabbed both bottles. Yes, I understand autopilot but there is a difference between habit and just plain not listening.

At the fabric store I always cut and folded the fabric. Sometimes for various reasons a customer would ask to fold it themselves. It was extremely hard to not start folding the fabric! But even if I started, I would realize and stop. And I think I folded the fabric 99 out of 100 times. Do 99 of 100 customers want their sandwich toasted? Do 99 of 100 customers want the same exact condiments? I doubt it.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      Do 99 of 100 customers want the same exact condiments? I doubt it.
                      By my observation it is about 1 in 10 want it toasted here. So perhaps 9 in 10 are like me and say "Not toasted".

That's why I found it extraordinary when it took me 10 times.

I also don't want salt. So far that has been easy. When they ask "Salt and pepper?" I reply "pepper only, no salt" and I have only ever said that once (each time).

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                        Do I have to have an argument before I can get it not toasted?
                        No, no, this is Abuse!
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I haven't gotten a sub sandwich in a long time but when I was younger I didn't like mustard. You know how hard it was to get them to ONLY put mayo on the sandwich? I mean, they asked, "mayo and mustard?" and I said "mayo only" and they grabbed both bottles. Yes, I understand autopilot but there is a difference between habit and just plain not listening.
                          I almost always order sandwiches with mustard, but no mayo. One day I was idly chatting with a (not very busy) sandwich maker and I mentioned how hard it was to get mustard only--I kept getting mayo only. She said that "no mustard" was the most common special request and I was probably running into a lot of autopilot. She also suggested something that seems to work, because it's different than usual wording.

"YES mustard. NO mayo." It's the "YES mustard" that throws them off and forces them to listen.

Comment

Maybe if you wait for eye contact, look them in the eye, and say "disengage autopilot now, please"?

Comment

Working...
                            X