This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that'll fix it.

Older gentleman (noun used loosely) arrives on my phone line and first up, announces that 30 minutes is an entirely unacceptable hold time and he is going to
    complain to coporate.

(ok, please do, we need more hires and that might just get us some)

Secondly, he wants me to freeze his wife's credit bureau. I tell him if she isn't available to consent to this, I can't do it.

(naturally, she isn't. I wouldn't want to be in the same county with this grouchy old coot either.)

He informs me he will be taking up the consent issue and the hold time with his Congressman now. Because we are mistreating our customers by making them sit on hold, and by not doing what they want in spite of legal rules I must follow.

And click, dial tone.

By all means call your Congressman, sir. Indubitably he could use the laugh. And I hope for the sake of your tender little feewings, he uses the mute button while he's giggling.

Once the congressman or their assistant hangs up on him, he'll call his senator, then the president, etc.
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

And after that ... the UN? Lord Vader? Voldemort? Because by gum, somebody is going to make you guys do whatever he wants!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        And after that ... the UN? Lord Vader? Voldemort? Because by gum, somebody is going to make you guys do whatever he wants!
        I was thinking of trying to call up God or Santa Claus and harass one of them.
        Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

"Ho ho ho! That's not my department, try the Easter Bunny!"
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Hell if he'd given me time, I would have pointed out, customers pay! You, sir, did not!

Comment

Ugh, what a twit. Might be related to the idiot I recall from years ago who argued with my co-worker about something (he was, as you might expect, quite wrong) and said he was gonna talk to the supervisor - no, the manager - no, the director - no, he was gonna talk to the publisher! And he would sue us!! Blah blah blah...!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
                Once the congressman or their assistant hangs up on him, he'll call his senator, then the president, etc.
                Only problem is Donald would probably do a tweet supporting him
                the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

But guess what

Quoth brucetiki View Post
                  Only problem is Donald would probably do a tweet supporting him
                  One thing even the President of the USA finds, if you have not hired a person you have very very limited power to fire them.

There are people Trump would like to fire but can't because his branch of the government does not control them. If the President is limited in who he can fire how much power does this dim-wit that nobody knows have.

I am reminded of people visiting a store that they do not work for and a customer getting upset that they will not help them shop so they demand they get fired or they will sue the store.
                  Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 10-02-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    I hope he calls Vader or Voldemort, they'd probably zap him through the phone!

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                      they'd probably zap him through the phone!
                      Vader would Force-choke a bitch
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If I could have, I would have!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          I am reminded of people visiting a store that they do not work for and a customer getting upset that they will not help them shop so they demand they get fired or they will sue the store.
                          This is why I rarely venture into my old store anymore...the 'regular irregulars' still recognize me and demand help. Some have even tried to get me to reveal where I work now; if pressed, I just say I work in [secure office building attached to $highendmall].
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

DS: Just tell them "You're better off not knowing. All you need to know is, we have our eye on you," and casually walk away.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                              I hope he calls Vader or Voldemort, they'd probably zap him through the phone!
                              I find your lack of common sense... disturbing.
                              The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Working...
                              X