Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great sequel. Plus, animated Gal Gadot…!

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
      Please don't misunderstand, I have absolutely no problem helping out someone who actually needs help. I have no problem buying someone food, or giving them money for food. What I have issue with, is when certain homeless people get money and immediately purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes as soon as they get it, instead of food.
      A lot of the problem is that, because of the appalling way we (I'm in the UK and it's bad, I can only think what it's like in the US) treat mental health issues. Many people with these issues then start self medicating with drugs & alcohol and start on a downward spiral; hang out with wrong crowd, start being known by the authorities, prison etc. Soon you can't even get access to the scraps that the 'system' has to offer because you're branded a delinquent, addict or not worth the bother rather than someone who needs help.

Yes there are only limited resources and you've got to try and use them where they'll do most good but I'm pretty sure no one starts out wanting to sleep on the streets or getting wrecked to cope with that.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

If anything, it's worse over here.

.... but that's really a topic for Fratching .....
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Indeed ^_^ Feel free to link the thread in here if you start one up over there, though
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X