Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tale of venting that brought me here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of venting that brought me here...

*MOD EDIT - Post split from original posting in "New Members" forum. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=8318

I was directed here after I posted the following vent on another forum:

As a general rule, most of my clients don't drive me crazy - I actually like the qwirky ones, but when enough people in a row call me that are just unprepared to actually have a functional conversation then my patience wears thin.
    Ok, when you call a travel agent please have the following with in reach:
    1) a current calendar turned to the correct month
    2) your passport / driver license
    3) paper and a functioning pen
    4) please know the name of the city you want to get to and a map if necessary
    also:
    1) don't give me hassle when I tell you that you need to get a visa (and no, I don't mean the credit card)
    2) know that I'm not a mind reader - if you ask to fly into Paris I don't know that you are trying to get to Zagreb and you are flying into Paris because it is cheaper.
    3) give me a dollar amount - I'm Scottish so "cheap" has a different translation for me than it may for you.
    4) It never fails to amaze me that people will have always wanted to visit a particular place, yet know nothing practical about it. Heck, I've wanted to visit Bonaire since I was 10yrs old and I could point it out on the map at that age and then picked up a guide book or two along the way.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 05:26 PM. Reason: Deserved its own thread where people will read it

As you see, I moved this story from the "New Members" forum.

Sadly, that forum isn't frequented by a lot of members, so I moved the story to a forum where it's more likely to be read and commented on.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
      [B] I'm Scottish so "cheap" has a different translation for me than it may for you
      Care to elaborate? Just out of curiosity.
      Oh, and welcome to the boards. Good to see yet another dissatisfied retail worker.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Nice list. Welcome to the forums!

This is a great place to keep sane
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Methinks auntiem refers to the currency of pound sterling vs. dollars...one £ is worth approx 1.9 $ so 'cheap' is going to be different amounts...
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Actually, I think it's reference to the legendary Scottish stingyness.

Such as the joke, and Englishman, Irishman, and Scotsman were sitting in a bar drinking. A fly landed in each of their drinks.

The Englishman looked at his drink in disgust and pushed it to the side.

The Irishman simply fished the fly out of his drink and carried on drinking.

The Scotsman fished the fly out of his drink and started hitting it on it's little fly backside screaming "Spit it out you little blighter!"
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
            X