This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent a Truck

I was coming home from a re-image job today. I saw on the freeway, a small car that was severely overloaded. It had ...

* a trunk that was so completely stuffed, the trunk lid was open.
    * three large boxes covered by a tarp strapped onto the roof.
    * a bicycle strapped to the rear bumper.

All of this stuff caused this car to move almost 55. This was on I-40/I-85, a notorious speedway. Going slow on this particular freeway is 70 mph.

If you have to move more stuff than you can put in your car, you should rent a truck. It's a lot cheaper that a ticket or an accident.

-----

BTW, I imaged searched "overloaded car" on Google, and what I saw makes me fear for my safety.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I believe not being able to see out the rear of your vehicle can get you a big fat ticket by the police. So unsafe... And people wonder why theres so many vehicle accidents.

Comment

Quoth Skittles88 View Post
      I believe not being able to see out the rear of your vehicle can get you a big fat ticket by the police. So unsafe... And people wonder why theres so many vehicle accidents.
      I think only in certain areas. Either that or work trucks are excluded.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
        BTW, I imaged searched "overloaded car" on Google, and what I saw makes me fear for my safety.
        I hope you got to the Lowes?/Home Depot? lumber gif. Hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.

Comment

I believe not being able to see out the rear of your vehicle can get you a big fat ticket by the police.
          In TN, IDK about other states, as long as the side mirrors have a clear view you are legal. Gotta love college move in week! I have seen more peoples stuffed to popping cars then I like when I want to just get home.

Comment

Trailers are another option, but one that gets abused just as much.

Ever see a little car pulling a trailer twice its size?

Comment

Hey - I've pulled a trailer that was nearly 3 times the weight of the tow vehicle, and didn't have any problems.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Hey - I've pulled a trailer that was nearly 3 times the weight of the tow vehicle, and didn't have any problems.
                *snicker*

It's a tiny bit different when that's what the tow vehicle was designed to do.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  I hope you got to the Lowes?/Home Depot? lumber gif. Hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.
                  I saw that picture. Home Depot in Waldorf, MD, estimated that car had over 2,000 lbs. of lumber on the roof and 800 lbs. of concrete in the back seat. The rear tires were flattened and the shocks were pushed up into the trunk. Renting a truck would have been a lot cheaper.

Link to story.

This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Sort of, the law typically reads that you're required to have two mirrors that give you a view behind your vehicle, drivers side mirror, plus rear view or passenger side mirror.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

When i moved back to mytown from ftw in the great hurry...long story...i had my stuff and lil rays packed to the top. I wasnt coming back for anything. If it didnt fit, i left it.

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                        Sort of, the law typically reads that you're required to have two mirrors that give you a view behind your vehicle, drivers side mirror, plus rear view or passenger side mirror.
                        I think that's how the law here is too. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to put a cap or camper shell on that pickup you just bought BTW, you could get a base model Toyota Tercel with only a driver's side mirror as late as 1991--one on the other side was an option. Pain in the ass in practice though, so I had one fitted later.

I admit, that I have taken some liberties with the weight limits for my vehicles. Nowhere near as bad as that VW with lumber piled on it. Most of the time, the car had its trunk full, the back seat full, and the front seat piled with stuff. Even so, I could still see outside, and the car didn't gain any interesting handling characteristics. Not so if you put a Billy book case from IKEA into a Corolla. That car floated all over the place on the way home!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X