This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argabarga Risks His Life for a Joke

This actually happened a while ago, but, I totally forgot to tell anyone here about it (those of you who've friended me on FB have seen the pics, so, SHHHH! Don't ruin it!)

Anyway, the bodyshop at work had recently repaired a damaged Chevy Silverado pickup that required removing and replacing one of the cab doors.

They threw the old one out on the scrap pile, and I got to looking/thinking at it, realizing that the letters "SILVERADO" on the door could be easily popped off and then, rearranged to spell something else.......

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...79596784_n.jpg

Heh, someone at work is about to get a new fender badge on their ride...

So, after sourcing some of that thin magnetic-strip stuff, and gluing it to the back of the letters, I was all set to go.. Now, I just needed a victim....

Someone who has a real love-affair with their vehicle...

Someone with that touch-my-truck-and-die mentality....

Someone who'll really blow their top when they see it....

Aha! How about THIS guy?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...68632699_n.jpg

And that's on the back tailgate, where he won't see it because he likes to back into his parking spots.

He drove around like that for 2 days before noticing

And when he DID notice, well, he went nuclear.

And accused everyone at the garage of being the culprit...

Everyone but me....

He eventually figured out it was me, when he ran out of other people to accuse. Somehow, I'm still alive. He actually admitted it was kind of funny when everything cooled down.

Good thing too

Because that was Repo Man Twitch's Jeep I tagged
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Niiice!

I knew a guy whose friend had a Jesus fish on his car. Guy added a bigger fish "eating" the Jesus fish to the vehicle. Said it was like two weeks before his friend noticed, at which point he was pissed...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

It's official. I love you.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Because that was Repo Man Twitch's Jeep I tagged
        You live dangerously.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

You pranked Twitch and lived?!
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Niiice!

I knew a guy whose friend had a Jesus fish on his car. Guy added a bigger fish "eating" the Jesus fish to the vehicle. Said it was like two weeks before his friend noticed, at which point he was pissed...
            I sometimes hear about people getting the feet broken off their Darwin fish. It obviously happens often enough that the company (EvolveFish) sells replacement feet for them. I'm thinking a Jesus fish-caterpillar hybrid...
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-06-2014, 04:16 AM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hahahahahaha!

Oh man, you live dangerously!

Comment

Nah, that's not living dangerously....he didn't fuck with MY ride.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Yet.............

Comment

There are two things a person can do to bring down the Wrath of Jester on their heads. Mess with my nieces or mess with my truck. To ensure a long and healthy life, neither one is recommended.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Nah, that's not living dangerously....he didn't fuck with MY ride.
                      Yet.............
                      I believe both Florida (current residence) and Arizona (planned future residence) are outside your jurisdiction.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Who says I'm doing it on company time?

Comment

At least the letters were removable, right? So you didn't mess it up permanently....
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

So, after sourcing some of that thin magnetic-strip stuff, and gluing it to the back of the letters, I was all set to go..
                            Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                            At least the letters were removable, right?
                            Apparently, they were as removable as a refrigerator magnet.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              I believe both Florida (current residence) and Arizona (planned future residence) are outside your jurisdiction.
                              Florida you say? Hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X