X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A specific place to put it

This is one of those amusing Sightings not sucky but funny

I was at Voldy-Mart to pick up Zootopia and I stopped by the computer/tablet section to browse. There was a youngish couple with their (maybe) 5 - 7 year old child. about 5 feet away.

Mom is going on about what happens after they buy the child a tablet and the rules that are involved. I was not really paying too much attention.

Mom says "What is the first rule for this tablet????"
    Kid says "DO NOT STEP ON IT!!!!"
    Mom: Yes but what do you do when you are not using the tablet?????
    Kid: I put it on the table
    Mom: YES and we are going to prepare a special place on the table where you are to put it. When you are not using it that is the place to put it.
    Kid: (out of the blue) Can I put it on your butt?????
    You could hear the crickets chirping LOUDLY.

It took a LOT of self control to not ROTFLMAO. I was close enough that Mom could see me doing the suppressed laughter thing and trying to keep a straight face. Yes I got a bit of a stink eye. I stood there for maybe 10 seconds then quickly removed myself from the scene. As I was walking away I could hear Dad saying "WHY did you say some that inappropreiate and WHERE do you get off saying something like that???"

I finally got maybe 20 or 30 feet away and burst out laughing.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    It took a LOT of self control to not ROTFLMAO. I was close enough that Mom could see me doing the suppressed laughter thing and trying to keep a straight face. Yes I got a bit of a stink eye.
    The single most honest observation in E.T. is when Elliot comes out with the insult, "It was nothing like that, penis-breath!", and his Mom retorts, "Elliot...sit down.", but she's laughing as she says it. Any parent who would give you a dirty look for laughing when their kid says something funny in public is just being a grump.

Comment

I guess it depends if the kid was saying it on purpose to get a reaction or if it was just a weird but innocent question. Once in a while I'll be helping a mom and her kid will do something "cute" to get attention, but I don't give any reaction. Every so often the parent will very seriously thank me for not encouraging whatever the kid was doing. So anyway, I can somewhat understand the stink-eye if this is a habit the kid has, but otherwise, eh. (I am also a grump, so I could just be identifying with grumps in general)
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The kid might have been misquoting something he heard his father say. Lol
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Children have no brain mouth filters. Sounds like the kid was trying to be sarcastic at the never ending litany of rules i'm betting it has heard 100 times that day alone.

As for the Stink eye that was unwarranted, and you did good to not laugh at that moment so as to not encourage that kind of behavior.

All that aside If I was that kids parent i would have just said "Ok you want to be a smart ass no tablet" then taken him home.

We were lucky to get A crayon and piece of paper as a kid. Our Entertainment was "Go Shovel horse manure!" "Do your Chores" ect ect.

Comment

The kid seemed fine to me until that last comment and even then...

Of course, there HAS to be a story behind WHY the rule came about in the first place...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Poor kid, having to live with a couple killjoys like that. My kids say inappropriate and hilarious things all the time.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

The best inappropriate kid comment was a cousin of mine that pronounced T as F and called Truck Tuck... So he comes running in a room with 7 or 8 adults and a bunch of teens screaming "fuck fuck fuck" waving a toy truck around. Well all the adults surrounded him and are staring at him like he is the devil and he has no idea whats going on, only that this would be a good time to freak out run and hide.

We couldn't get him out from under his bed for about 2 hours.

Comment

Frankly, I had inappropriate thoughts about this thread title...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Something similar happened to us last weekend when we were grocery shopping. My son has been watching the "Horrible History" video for the Monarchs of England...and he came up with "Queen Grandma" for some reason.

Anyway, we were in the grocery store, and he wasn't paying attention, and bumped into an older lady and her cart. I apologized to the lady, had my son apologize to her, and everyone went on their way. Except when the lady was about 10 or 15 feet from us, my son says, "Queen Grandma!!"

We had to stifle our laughter and quickly go to another aisle...
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      The single most honest observation in E.T. is when Elliot comes out with the insult, "It was nothing like that, penis-breath!", and his Mom retorts, "Elliot...sit down.", but she's laughing as she says it.
                      I was 13 when that movie came out. One night, one of my dad's friends came over with his daughter. She was a year younger than my brother Jason, so that would have made her about 8, I think. They had just come back from seeing E.T., and the little girl was laughing and going on and on about the "penis breath" line, like it was the funniest thing in the world.

At one point, her father got tired of it and asked her, "Do you even know what a penis is?"

She asked, "What?"

He answered, "It's what Mike and Jason have, and you don't!"

She got a horrified look on her face, and just said, "Oh." She didn't bring it up again after that.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Would have been VERY interesting if you and Jason each owned a certain item (bike, video game, etc) that she didn't - and that she wanted to get one. After all, that would fall into the category of "something Jason and Mike have, but you don't".
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Psh, that's nothing... I was in a car ride home with my sister from Edmonton and listening to my niece and nephew, 6 and 3 respectively, chatting away.

Very interesting conversation about penises and poo. I mentioned it to my sister and she said she tries not to listen. XD

Comment

I'm actually surprised that the implication of "penis-breath" got past the censors on a PG-ish movie back in those days >_> After all, you are what you....eat
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              I'm actually surprised that the implication of "penis-breath" got past the censors on a PG-ish movie back in those days >_> After all, you are what you....eat
                              Prior to the creation of the PG-13 in 1984, you could get away with literal murder on a PG rating. Look at Jaws.

Comment

Working...
                              X