This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ol' Bait and switch...or so the old SC proclaimed

Today was another adventure in dealing with an SC who was complaining about our huge Liquidation banner in the window. My coworker (CW) dealt with him mostly, but I did play a small role in the whole mess.

SC: "So all your movies are .99 cents?"
    CW: "No, their priced as marked and we're out of all our .99 cent movies."
    SC: "Then you're pulling the whole bait and switch thing then."
    CW and I: both groan internally and give each other pained looks, we know where this is going
    SC: "You lure customers in by saying you have .99 cent movies only to tell them that you don't. That's fraud."
    CW: "The sign says .99 cents and UP, sir."
    SC: "That don't matter, you should take down the sign."
    Me: I piped up from behind the book I was reading "The sign also says, while supplies last."
    SC: "That doesn't help you any, it's still illegal."
    CW: "It doesn't go against any law since the sign clearly says .99 cents and UP along with saying while supplies last. We can't take the sign down, we have to have it up so people know we're going out of business."
    SC: "Then you should take a sharpie and black out the .99 cent part."
    CW: "We can't do that sir, the sign has to be sent back to the company when we close."
    SC: "So? What does that matter?"
    CW: "I can't deface company property when it has to be sent back to corporate."
    SC: "Then put a piece of cardboard over it."
    CW: "That would block out vital parts of the sign, we can't do that either."
    SC: he decided at this point to go back to complaining about fraud and gave a long winded story about being an SC at Circuit City and how he got his way there.
    CW: "We do have a customer complaint number you can call. I'll even give it to you. I'll even give the number of the FDC (I don't remember the exact abbreviation) to clal and complain about our corporation."
    SC: "Really? Well, I think I'll just call the state instead." he then decides he'd like to take a look around the store and ambles off
    AC (another customer): walks up to the counter after witnessing the whole thing "I read your signs outside the door and they do say that you no longer have anymore .99 cent movies." he sounded slightly amused by the whole situation
    Me: "I know because I made them myself!" I said it loud enough for the SC to hear
    SC: having heard that, "Oh, you have it posted on signs? Where?"
    Me and CW: "Right by the doors outside and one big one on the black pole in the center."
    SC: "Oh, well that help you a little." he wandered around the store for awhile before leaving without buying anything.

WTF, guy? This is the store's final week, go find something else to complain about. I do believe that the sign saying ".99 cent movies and UP" and "While supplies last." is sufficient enough and nowhere near the ballpark for being illegal.

Why didn't you just tell the idiot to get out? You gonna get fired for being rude to a noncustomer???

Comment

Working...
    X