Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ID 10 T error and Why I Hate Joan Jett.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ID 10 T error and Why I Hate Joan Jett.

Merry frikkin' Christmas, majority of MYCompany customers, and thanks for glaring at me through the entire transaction and scoffing when I say, "Your receipt's in your bag and have a great day!" even though I didn't insert my usual sarcasm into any part of that line; I didn't pester you trying to sell things (when you said No, I took it to mean No and I shut the hell up), and I got you through my line quickly and effeciently, so I kind of maybe expected a little cheer for making your shopping experience as stressless as possible when you were in my store.

But whatever.

I clocked in. Someone's playing our Guitar Hero arcade. It was 11am. They were playing Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll." There are over 70 songs on this game, since someone had put in the Unlock All code, so all songs could be played.

The ID 10 T error
    Guy calls, says it's been six months after he bought his refurbed PS2, it stopped working and he needs to exchange it. He begins with saying, "I bought that uh, that uhhh thing with it, that uhh.." I clue in and reply, "The year-long warrenty?" He seems ro recognize this. "Yeah!" he says enthusiastically, and I tell him to bring that receipt, because we can't do anything without that receipt, and his broken PS2, and we'll see if we can't switch it out for him.

Me: Nngh.
    R: store manager, can be funny at times
    BIE: biggest idiot ever.

BIE: yeah I bought this PS2, it doesn't work, I need to switch it out.
    Me: You called earlier, right?
    BIE: Yeah.
    R: Okay, I'll need to see the receipt. You did get our year warrenty, right?
    BIE: Yeah! -gives R the receipt, which in no way indicated a purchase of the warranty. R sighs. He will have to call since this guy seems to believe that he got it-
    Me: Just give us one minute, since it's not on your receipt we're going to have to call to verify that you purchased the warrenty and it sometimes takes a while.
    BIE: Okay. -zones out-

The time is around 12pm. Someone else is playing Joan Jett. Wait. Didn't I just hear that song? Thirty minutes pass. I hear it again. Damnit, in fact, it's been playing this entire time.

R: -puts the phone down, stares at BIE- You didn't purchase the warranty, did you.
    BIE: ...no, I guess not. I'm ganna go look around. -wanders off-
    R: -heavy sigh, stares at me- I think I know what the problem is.
    Me: What's that?
    R: I think what we have here is a classic case of an ID 10 T error.
    Me: Yeep.

Moron gets some crap and leaves his PS2 on the counter. Joan Jett is playing again. it's around 1pm. Moron comes back in fifteen minutes later. "I forgot my system!" Yes you did, and you also bought a bunch of games for it that you can't play, because, well, it's broken!

At around 5pm some kid comes in and start's playing I Love Rock and Roll. He fails. So he plays it again. And again. And again. Until 7. I'm in the middle of a transaction and I can't take it anymore. I reach over and cut the power strip off. He bitches and moans while I'm trying to help a customer (this kid's around 10, no parent in sight) and starts yakking at me to "fix the playstation!"

My reply: It's broken. Go find something to buy or go find your parents.
    The customer I'm helping kind of snickers. Sigh.
    Would you like a Stummies?

We don't even turn on out systems this time of year. The store's crowded enough with the customers, I'm not even going to deal with the little fuckvermin playing the consoles!
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

You hate Joan Jett!?!?!?!

I got to see her in concert at the local county fair. Great show, except for the drunken kahilkers fighting over seating because the concert had to be moved from the grandstand to the ice center, but that's nothing she could have controlled.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well..okay, I just hate that damn song. Because I unwillingly listened to it for eleven hours.

Comment

I hate Joan Jett for that fucking Mercedes Benz song.
          My mother used to torture me with that one.
          My friend's girlfriend did the same to him.

Must be something about women and that goddamn song.
          Music: Last.fm
          Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Sorry, the system fails and dies if you suck too hard at one song consecutively. Look it up in the manual.
            You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
              I hate Joan Jett for that fucking Mercedes Benz song.
              My mother used to torture me with that one.
              My friend's girlfriend did the same to him.

Must be something about women and that goddamn song.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Janis Joplin sang the Mercedes Benz song.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                Sorry, the system fails and dies if you suck too hard at one song consecutively. Look it up in the manual.
                "I love Rock -GING- and Roll, put -GING GING- another dime -GING- in the -GING GING GING- jukebox baby! -GING-"

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                  It is a Janis Joplin song. Doesn't others haven't covered it.
                  ludo ergo sum

Comment

Why yes, it is. Sorry.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      You hate Joan Jett!?!?!?!

I got to see her in concert at the local county fair. Great show, except for the drunken kahilkers fighting over seating because the concert had to be moved from the grandstand to the ice center, but that's nothing she could have controlled.
                      God I had to work that day. Nothing would have made me happier than being able to see the first female Immortal in Highlander up close and in person. Blue Oyster Cult was also there, (if it's the same country fair I'm thinking about, but either way).

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
                        Why yes, it is. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, I wasn't sure if Joan Jett had covered the song or not. I was just curious
                        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Don't be sorry, I wasn't sure if Joan Jett had covered the song or not. I was just curious
                          Somehow I got them mixed up in my head.
                          It was a rough day and I was tired

A story:
                          Earlier at work while I was sweeping the floor behind the counter
                          four drunk guys wandered in and slurrily shouted "Heyya, gimme 4 Filet-O-Fish sandwiches!" at me.
                          I ignored them and continued sweeping, there was another cashier and a manager present.
                          The guys kept going, only with more and more swearing and actually threatening us.
                          My manager stood up and refused service, cursed at them herself for "offending her employees".
                          They questioned her education rather vulgarly.
                          She threatened to call the police (the shopping strip has security,
                          but we weren't sure if we were covered), so they dragged the most aggressive one outside.
                          Then one of them came back and actually still tried to order the sandwiches.
                          When she refused, he spat in her direction (missed) and went his merry way.

Christmas truly brings out the best in people.

And at closing a coworker got burned from frying oil

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                            At around 5pm some kid comes in and start's playing I Love Rock and Roll. He fails. So he plays it again. And again. And again. Until 7. I'm in the middle of a transaction and I can't take it anymore. I reach over and cut the power strip off.

Between every electronics store I visit lately having this game (and Rock Band) set up, and my bf and all his friends playing it....and playing it....

I don't know which song is more annoying/overplayed...the Joan Jett one or Barracuda.

Comment

Quoth joebubby here to serve View Post

Between every electronics store I visit lately having this game (and Rock Band) set up, and my bf and all his friends playing it....and playing it....

I don't know which song is more annoying/overplayed...the Joan Jett one or Barracuda.
                              It's even more annoying if you own the game, and try to beat a certain song over and over.

Which is why I hate Tenacious D, Living Color, and Slayer now.
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                              X