This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Stole my Shoes! (update)

For those of you who remember my previous post (and for those who don't) here is an update (read: another irate call) from this morning.

Me: Getting very sick of this... [my thoughts]
    SL: Shoe Lady

Me: Goodmorning, thank you for calling <hotel>, this is EQ, how can I help you?
    SL: This is Shoe Lady and I'm trying to get my shoes back
    Me: [Not you again!] Ma'am, as I've already told you, we do not have your shoes.
    SL: I know you do, your housekeeper stole them.
    Me: [I thought I stole them?! Where's the love?!] Ma'am, my housekeepers did not steal your shoes.
    SL: I know they did; now you're going to put the housekeeper that cleaned my room on the phone and I'm going to get her to admit she stole them!
    Me: Ma'am, my housekeepers don't speak english-
    SL: <interrupts> Then you're going to get a translator and she's going to translate for me!
    Me: Ma'am, I already told you that my housekeepers did not take your shoes; I doubt they would fit her anyways.
    SL: Well you're either going to reimburse me for the room, fire her, or pay for them!
    Me: <whipping out a piece of paper> Ma'am, when you checked in you signed a piece of paper saying we are not responsible for missing items due to lose or theft.
    SL: But she stole them!
    Me: Ma'am-
    SL: <interrupts again> You give back my money or I'm going to call the police!
    Me: [The police card, eh?] Ma'am, you signed. We're not responsi-
    <click!>

Why you . Scared the living daylights outta my head housekeeper and told her and my maintenance guy the story. Their advice? Next time that lady calls to tell her we fired the housekeeper. I have all ideas that if I said that, she'd still want to press charges.
    The funny thing is I know it's not going to hold up in court and she'll get in trouble for wasting the officer's time.

...right? This woman causes me a giant headache.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Don't you love that paper?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Indeed. One of the few pieces of paper one's happy about to carry them around. I bet that works better than the sign hanging around.

If she still presses charges, it would be nice to have a glorious report which describes (in full detail) the surprised/embarassed look on her face. That might compensate a little for the headache

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Yes. Yes I do. And if any cops happen to show up, I will gladly give them a photocopy!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Very true.. what are the police going to do? Their first question is going to be about "How do you know you left them there?" A little thing called 'proof' seems to be missing from her argument.

Don't worry about it!

I mean - what charge is she going to press?? And does she think she can press charges against an entire hotel????

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do if she insists on continually calling - except to fob her off to the cops :P
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Whatever you do, DO NOT TELL HER THE HOUSEKEEPER WAS FIRED!!!
            It will imply that she was right and if she decides to persue it further, she will use it and when it's discovered that you lied, it will just make it harder on you and the hotel.
            Stick with the "you signed the form..." story and let her rant all she wants.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
              Very true.. what are the police going to do? Their first question is going to be about "How do you know you left them there?" A little thing called 'proof' seems to be missing from her argument.

Don't worry about it!

I mean - what charge is she going to press?? And does she think she can press charges against an entire hotel????

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do if she insists on continually calling - except to fob her off to the cops :P
              The cops are not going to go to the hotel. The SC isn't there, so why would they? All they are going to do is MAYBE take the SC's police report and than tell her it's a civil matter.
              Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Whatever you do, DO NOT TELL HER THE HOUSEKEEPER WAS FIRED!!!
                It will imply that she was right and if she decides to persue it further, she will use it and when it's discovered that you lied, it will just make it harder on you and the hotel.
                Stick with the "you signed the form..." story and let her rant all she wants.
                Don't worry, I don't plan on telling her we "fired" the housekeeper. I'm just sticking to my story about the form she signed and if she wants to take it up with the cops, then she's welcome to.

I spoke to my company's accountant (currently acting manager since my manager is at a learning seminar this week) and she said she would straighten everything out with that lady.

Comment

"Hello, my name is Peppergirl and I'm a shoe addict."

Ok, EQ - as a self-professed shoe Junkie, I have to ask - did she DESCRIBE these shoes? Tell you a brand? I just HAVE to know their value.

OT: My shoe addiction was somewhat cured when I got a divorce and couldn't afford to feed my habit anymore.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    "Hello, my name is Peppergirl and I'm a shoe addict."

Ok, EQ - as a self-professed shoe Junkie, I have to ask - did she DESCRIBE these shoes? Tell you a brand? I just HAVE to know their value.

OT: My shoe addiction was somewhat cured when I got a divorce and couldn't afford to feed my habit anymore.
                    Well, Peppergirl, supposedly they are a pair of very expensive black pumps "with a little strap", as to the brand, I have no idea. She can't tell me.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if these shoes never existed in the first place. If they didn't, she sure is going mad trying to keep the story convincing.

Comment

Ooooh, do give us another update once available.

I'm surprised no one (like your manager) has pulled the "M'am, we have been polite up until now. We do not have your shoes. It is not our responsibility to keep track of YOUR belongings and I have your signature on the registration form legally stating as such. If you feel you must call the police, do so. We are done speaking with you and I look forward to showing them how childish you're being. Have a nice day now."
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        Well, Peppergirl, supposedly they are a pair of very expensive black pumps "with a little strap", as to the brand, I have no idea. She can't tell me.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if these shoes never existed in the first place. If they didn't, she sure is going mad trying to keep the story convincing.

Yeah - I call shenanigans. Honestly, the FIRST thing I'd do if I were an SC and was accusing someone of taking my shoes (), would be to state the brand and the cost of the shoes.

She probably got them at Payless (average cost around $15-20), and is acting like they're Jimmy Choo's or Manolo Blahnik's, (which can run upwards of $500.00 a pair) or something.

Disclaimer: Although I love shoes, I'm not a shoe snob and I am not putting down lower-end shoe stores. This SC just seems like the type to front that she's bought an expensive pair when she hasn't.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                          Yeah - I call shenanigans. Honestly, the FIRST thing I'd do if I were an SC and was accusing someone of taking my shoes (), would be to state the brand and the cost of the shoes.

She probably got them at Payless (average cost around $15-20), and is acting like they're Jimmy Choo's or Manolo Blahnik's, (which can run upwards of $500.00 a pair) or something.

This SC just seems like the type to front that she's bought an expensive pair when she hasn't.
                          I would've given a really detailed description if my shoes were "stolen". I agree with you on this one Peppergirl.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            Ooooh, do give us another update once available.

I'm surprised no one (like your manager) has pulled the "M'am, we have been polite up until now. We do not have your shoes. It is not our responsibility to keep track of YOUR belongings and I have your signature on the registration form legally stating as such. If you feel you must call the police, do so. We are done speaking with you and I look forward to showing them how childish you're being. Have a nice day now."
                            My manager (K) is from India (and, thusly, has a lovely thick accent but it's damned near impossible to understand him on the phone) and seems to be confrontation-phobic. My accountant/parttime manager (S) when my real manager isn't around, however, is loud, obnoxious and, like me, wants to stick it to this woman. So I would like to make a copy of your lovely post so I can read it off to the Wicked Witch of Shoes.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated; this thing is starting to turn epic!

Comment

'as a matter of fact, madam, i DID steal your shoes; i plan to set them on fire in the parking lot and dance around them madly until become ash. mua ha ha ha!'

god , how i'd love to say that if i worked with you. just a bit of evil to brighten your day.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X