This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Carb Water

This is from back in the heyday of the Atkins craze, when everybody and their mother was concerned about the amount of carbs in their food and the like.

This customer came through my line with a full cart load of stuff, including a case of bottled water. They actually asked me: "Does this have any carbs in it?"

I stared at them, dumbfounded, and actually had to say: "It's WATER."

They snapped out of it and seemed to realize how silly they were being.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Love the .sig And, actually, a lot of point-based RPG rules have "Common sense" as an buyable trait... so the GM can lean over and say "Are you sure about that? It's pretty stupid."

Would be good in real life too. ^^; But... man. Water. Of course, if people understood the chemistry of H2O... bottled water wouldn't have caught on, would it?
    There is no .sig that still seems clever 50 posts later.

Comment

Quoth DannyboyO1 View Post
      Of course, if people understood the chemistry of H2O... bottled water wouldn't have caught on, would it?
      www.dhmo.org

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, technically, water is a bit more than just H2O: loads of important minerals are contained in water, in various proportions depending on the spring and/or brand. Of course, most of the time, tap water contains plenty enough of those minerals, but just tastes unpleasant because it contains too much of certain minerals (chlorine or fluorine, for example).

But yeah, there should be no carbs in water. Still, I'm highly amused by bottled water by Nestlé...
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          www.dhmo.org

Rapscallion
          I've sent that site to a few people before. They didn't get it until I had them write down what the formula would be. Theeeeen they slapped their foreheads and couldn't stop laughing for a bit

My chem teacher back in my sophomore year thought it was pretty funny, too.

But anyway... Carbs... In water. At least they realized they were being silly without you having to explain it any further than that.
          I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

a while back, one of the lads in the office asked permission to nip out and buy a soda.
            when asked why, he explained he needed a cold drink to wash some medicine down with.
            we suggested water.
            oh no, he couldn't drink water! it is empty! there's no good additives in water!
            oh dear.

Comment

Just noticed this particular post o' mine has been immortalized in the strip. I feel dubiously proud about this.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I had to show the strip to a friend of mine who is newly diagnosed diabetic, and is therefore nutty about avoiding carbs for a genuinely good reason. Essentially he has to get all his eergy from fat and protein now.

Comment

Right up there with the girl who wouldn't drink distilled water because her boyfriend told her that's what he puts in his car battery.

Not sure if that's an urban legend or not, but with the true stupidity enshrined on this site, who knows?
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                  X