This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 call over juice box

Guy calls 911 because McDonalds forgot a juice box in his order...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri...juice.box.kptv
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Okay, there's two issues here: calling 911 and (supposed) incorrect order.

Issue one is easy. No matter how much the guy tries to justify it, you do not call 911 for an incorrect order. Ever. The police told him like it is. He had a Blackberry. You can find the non-emergency number there.

Second, the order. listening to both sides, it may have just been overlooked. But if, IF the employee started laughing because of the guy's English, then yes, I can see being upset. Even then, the workers felt threatened enough to call 911 themselves.

So who knows? Both sides have some fault at first blush.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

If the guy had a Blackberry, he could've called 411 to get the number for that McDonalds to call and have them correct his order.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Complete FAIL.

"You don't know what the number is for the regular cops so you have to call the 911".

No. No you don't. Total misunderstanding of what the 911 service is. Go back to primary school.

Anyone else think that if the English of the guy doing the ordering was that bad, he probably never got the request through to get a juice box in the first place? If your English ain't good, give the service staff a break when they miss something. Geez.

Comment

We fielded an emergency call at work because a store refused a refund. The call wasn't attended.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yeah but, out of fairness, this was a foreign family and they may have misunderstood when to not call 911 and when not to. I, myself, have actually used them before in non-emergency issues. When I called the police department once to file a police report of theft, they told me to just call 911 because I needed to see a police officer for that. In the town I now live in, when you need to file a theft report, 911 gives you a phone number to police records.

Comment

This was a foreign family?

They don't have emergency services in their home nation? No nation in the world will justify you ringing 111, 911, 999, 666 or whatever, to report you didn't get your juice box from the burger joint.

Comment

I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is because I've been confronted before about whether or not to use 911 to file a police report although it wasn't really an emergency.

Comment

It may not have been an emergency, but at the very least it was a police matter. I think there's some justification for not being sure there. But an incorrect order at a food place?

It's nice to want to give people the benefit of the doubt. Frankly? Me? I consider it beyond stupid to even contemplate an emergency line for something of that nature, and I would happily tell them that to their face.

Is that mean? Well, hey, I've done stupid things before myself. We all do stupid things sometimes. If they learn from it and move on with life, good on them. If they whine "but we didn't knoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww" then they're still stupid.

Comment

Working...
                  X