X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint!

Actually, several of 'em.

Whadda I do now?

I used to come in at 5 am to do the weekly furniture audit, but asked to come in at 7 am or later because for some reason the pull tag report, which I need to do the audit, was never at the printer when I arrived at work. I always had to sit around for an hour or more to get it, or find something else to do.

Came in today and found no pull tag report at the printer for me. This is the third week in a row that's happened. Each time I do the following:
    • Call up the help(less) desk
    • Get told all the reports are running late for some reason and they have no idea when they'll be ready.
    • Get told the above in a rather snippy manner because they've probably been getting calls from other stores all morning.
    • Hang up
    • Bang head against desk.

I didn't have my report until almost 8:30. Guess I'll have to ask to come in later, like 9-ish.

Furniture Fuckdumpling

Had a lady call the store today to find out if we had a certain bed and mattress in, how much both pieces cost, what the boxes look like, how many of each we had in stock, what kind of vehicle these items might fit in, blah blah blah bling bling bling blah.

This wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that it took four calls, over the course of about an hour, for the lady to get all this information because she couldn't remember to ask it all the first time.

So I went to the back, got her bed and mattress together on a flatbed, and held it in the back. She came in about 11:30 to pick them up. I wheeled the flatbed out and....

"That's not what I wanted!"

ID 10 T

On my daily task list was a note from Numbknockers: "Replace the bulbs in all the lamp displays, they are burned out."

After finishing up the furniture audit, I took a look at the lamps, and found the reason why the display lamps weren't lit: They weren't plugged in.

Furniture Fuckdumpling Part Deux:

Why why why why oh Cthulu WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TAKING THE DISPLAY CARD TABLES INSTEAD OF TAKING A PULL TAG TO THE REGISTERS ARRRRGGGHHHDIEDIEDIEKILLKILLDIE.

This is about the third week out of four I've had to replace a display card table because some fuckbucket took the display. If it were up to me, those displays would be permanently attached to the rack.

Yet Another Furniture Fuckdumpling:

About ten minutes before I was to leave, a carryout call came in for two big, clearance bedroom dressers. I grabbed somebody off the floor to help me, loaded up the dressers, and brought them up to the front.

The lady making the purchase told me "Aren't these nightstands? I wanted nightstands!"

There were no tags out for the nightstands BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE FUCKING NIGHTSTANDS. The only tags out were for the dressers.

This is at least the third time somebody has bought these dressers, and then told me they thought they were getting something else. Don't you people know how to read? NO! Of course you don't! You just go "Ugggh, thing! Must buy!" and flail your arms until you get a pull tag in your hand and run it up to the cashier! I hate you people. Die in a fire.

So I had to take the damn things back AGAIN. This caused me to leave five minutes later than I should have. It's no big thing if the company gets five extra minutes of work out of me, but I dare not try to leave five minutes early because Moon Unit the Break Nazi might catch me.

Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

And after work it was off to the DMV to get my drivers license renewed because it's close to expiration. I got there at about 1:30 and left at 3:00. There were two people behind the counter and a line extending out the door. The line stayed about that long the entire time I was there, and there wasn't even a chair in the waiting area for me at first, so I sat on the floor. There's nothing like a trip to the DMV to make you wish you didn't drive.

Shortly after I first got there, some other guy came in behind me and said "What the hell is this?" It's just your wonderfully efficient government at work.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Forever in debt to you pricless advice

Sorry work was sucky

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Fuckdumpling
      Thanks for the new favourite word, but sorry you had to go through so much to give it to me

Comment

And after work it was off to the DMV to get my drivers license renewed because it's close to expiration. I got there at about 1:30 and left at 3:00. There were two people behind the counter and a line extending out the door. The line stayed about that long the entire time I was there, and there wasn't even a chair in the waiting area for me at first, so I sat on the floor. There's nothing like a trip to the DMV to make you wish you didn't drive.

Shortly after I first got there, some other guy came in behind me and said "What the hell is this?" It's just your wonderfully efficient government at work.
        I was just wondering Irv, why they haven't considered a setup similar to what the DMV (or the aussie equivelent of it) has. Basically, you walk in, speak to the guy standing next to a computer screen about what you're there for. He'll give you a form if you need it, then you take a ticket and sit down. There are 8 or so booths and the tickets are non-sequential. (i.e. first ticket is A2, second ticket is B5)

Things like car rego and licence renewal you can do via the Post office.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          I was just wondering Irv, why they haven't considered a setup similar to what the DMV (or the aussie equivelent of it) has. Basically, you walk in, speak to the guy standing next to a computer screen about what you're there for. He'll give you a form if you need it, then you take a ticket and sit down. There are 8 or so booths and the tickets are non-sequential. (i.e. first ticket is A2, second ticket is B5)

Things like car rego and licence renewal you can do via the Post office.
          That's pretty similar to what they did to me today. You go up to the information desk, tell the guy there what your bidness is, then he either handles it right there or gives you a ticket.

The tickets were pretty much sequential--people who were in the line ahead of me got helped before I did. With only two people there and one them having to give out tickets and help people in between, it didn't move too fast.

Renewing your license online isn't an option yet. They have to take a new picture and you have to take an eye test, which you can do there or have it done someplace else and have the optometrist record the results on your application and sign off on them.

And lastly, there's a reason why the DMV is generally an epithet to people in the States. It ain't exactly a model of efficiency or warmth.
          Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-31-2009, 11:15 PM.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

YESSSS! Sorry your shift sucked, but Fuckdumpling is my new favorite word!!!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Here in California, they're pushing for people to do as much of their DMV renewals online as possible. Unfortunately, they mail out the renewal information 6 to 12 weeks ahead, which invariably means I misplace it (I have since bought a filebox to remedy this situation). In that renewal paperwork I inevitably misplace is a code that must be used to do the renewal online. You cannot get a replacement. They will not send one out. You then have to go down to the local DMV office and wait in line to get help. Of course, that's if you still have a local DMV office. They've closed several offices and are now closing so many days a month, because our budget is shot to hell. The line when I went there at about 1:30 pm on a Wednesday to get to the first stop, the information desk to get the call number, contained 30 people. It snaked around and went outside. I spent over 2 hours to get my driver's license renewed.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

There's nothing like a trip to the DMV to make you wish you didn't drive.
                Actually, the only people on earth who can have fun at the DMV are me, my mom, and my brother.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The DMV near my work is really good, haven't spent more then 45 minuets there. It rocked.

As for mattress lady, she sucked. Seriously sucked.

Comment

[QUOTE=fireheart17;614147
                    Things like car rego and licence renewal you can do via the Post office.[/QUOTE]

this is why Nevada is the greatest state in the nation... they have self service kiosks where you can do everything other than take a driving test... renewals take 30 seconds, walk up, type in your license plate number, the number from your renewal notice, swipe your credit card, and your new sticker prints out.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

"fuckdumpling" is SO my new favorite word.

So hey Irv, are we forever in debt to your priceless advice?

Comment

Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint!
                        Kudos for the Nirvana reference!
                        Why why why why oh Cthulu WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TAKING THE DISPLAY CARD TABLES INSTEAD OF TAKING A PULL TAG TO THE REGISTERS ARRRRGGGHHHDIEDIEDIEKILLKILLDIE.
                        More kudos for the reference to the Great Old One!

I had to get my license renewed back in early July... and I was in & out in only about 30 minutes... and it only took THAT long because I had forgotten to fill out my renewal form, so I had to run back to my car, pull out the pen I keep in the car for emergencies, and take a couple minutes to fill it out.

--Jack (who used to listen to Nirvana, and still remembers where he was and what he was doing when he heard that Kurt Cobain was dead. )
                        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                          Kudos for the Nirvana reference!

--Jack (who used to listen to Nirvana, and still remembers where he was and what he was doing when he heard that Kurt Cobain was dead. )
                          "used to"? I had to listen to "Heart-Shaped Box" again just because of the thread title.

(and yeah, I still remember where I was and what I was doing that day, too)

Comment

Maybe we should start a new religion on CS.com?

First there's the Lupoists, then the Broomites, now we have the Irvings
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I hate going to the DMV (DPS here in Texas). I usually try to go extremely early in the morning right before they open. Usually at least 10 other people have the same idea as you, but 15-30 minutes early is your best bet for getting close to the front of the line. On the one hand I hate getting up that early, on the other I don't have to wait in line for an hour or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X