This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck (hugs needed)

I'm in hospital for an operation for colon cancer. They will come for me 8am tomorrow morning (in about 14 hours) and I'm beginning to feel a bit scared.
    On the bright side the doctors are quite certain that it can't have spread yet, I apparently reacted in time, I may even get to skip chemotherapy.
    My daughter will come visiting tomorrow after work, which should correspond with the time I'm getting back from the wake-up room (4pm).
    It will be a keyhole operation (probably, says the surgeon) and I shouldn't be in too much discomfort afterwards. Still, I'm getting a distinct feeling that my warranty is running out .
    So,I'm waiting. I wish it was over and I was back at work. It has been so damned fast, four weeks ago I didn't know anything was wrong, then colonoscopy, gastroscopy, CT-scan and now operation. I appreciate that it is done fast, my mind just haven't caught up with the facts yet.
    The medical technology is fascinating, though.

Good luck, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Comment

Yikes!! Hope everything goes well for you!

Comment

The operation will go smoothly, you will recover quickly and easily, and you won't need chemo. I am sending you all my positive thoughts.

Good luck, hon.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Sending you best wishes.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Thanks a lot for the good wishes, I am feeling a bit less scared now. H*ll, lots of you have had worse things happening than this. Yesterday they came and told me about all kinds of complications, apparently the law is that the patient has to know all the risks before the operation , it did nothing to reassure me .
            In an hour they'll come for me, provided no emergencies come first. I'll tell how it worked out as soon as I can sit up. The answer to whether I'll need chemo I'll know in ten days or so.

Comment

Best of luck, may the surgeons hands stay calm and steady.
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Good Luck!

Wishing you a speedy and relatively pain free recovery.

Comment

Best wishes and be ready to recooperate with lots of good stories to read here!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, don't worry about that list; they have to read it, but anything likely they'll have told you about before. I remember death being listed as a possible consequence of having my wisdom teeth out.

I hope all went well!
                    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Good luck
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This really must be a quickie, the first surgery went smoothly, but where my pains should have stopped, and my appetite should have gone up, I was in a lot of pain and vomiting all the time. Yesterday I was operated and two rotted pieces of intestine was removed , I'm better now,except a stomach tube is pumping out the poisoning, i'mweak andIm notaloud toeat beforethe tube is out. more later.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Hope you come back with some positive news.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Ouch! Glad the doctors were able to quickly find out what was wrong and fix it. Get well soon!
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Glad the doctors were able to find what was wrong sooner. Get well soon!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X