Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some prayers for my loved ones (or, dendawg's mid-life crisis part 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some prayers for my loved ones (or, dendawg's mid-life crisis part 3)

Hey folks,

It's not been a good week for me, and it's only Monday.

Firstly, this Thursday, my girlfriend is going to the hospital to have a Chiari procedure done. (She has type II, for those familiar) This wouldn't be so stressful normally, but I'm still stuck in Cincinnati with my mother, plus according to hospital rules I wouldn't be able to visit her while she's in ICU anyway because I'm technically not family.

Secondly, today I find out that the wife I'm currently separated from has had another heart attack.....about a week and a half ago. Needless to say I'm feeling pretty guilty right now.

But I'm not posting for a pity party. This isn't about me, right now. This is about the two people I love most in the world and their problems. Any prayers or whatnot will be appreciated.

Dendawg
    Last edited by dendawg; 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM.

Sorry to hear, hoping for the best for your gf and (separating) wife. Sending good vibes your way, dendawg.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Im sorry to hear about the issues in your life.

Good vibes to everyone involved and a speedy recovery to both.

side note: Im surprised theres an ICU around with such a strict visitors policy anymore though.

*hugs*

Comment

I'll say a prayer for you. Hope things get better.

Comment

Sending positive thoughts, dendawg.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Updates:

(soon to be ex) Wife called me yesterday. Said she's about as okay as can be expected, and originally went in for pneumonia.

As for my girlfriend, she went into surgery about 8:30 (EST) this morning. The procedure's expected to take approximately 5 hours. She'll be in a medically induced coma for about a day, maybe longer if there are complications. I know she'll be fine, but right now, I'm a wreck.

Comment

She's in my thoughts and so are you. She'll be fine! Sending hugs..

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

She's out of surgery, and according to her mom, everything went okay. She's now in the ICU, in a medically induced coma. She's scheduled to be brought out of it within a day, "If she's good," as her doc put it.

I'll post another update when she wakes up.

Comment

That's good to hear, dendawg.

Continuing with the good thoughts....

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Glad to hear they're both doing good.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Update: She's been transferred out of ICU to a regular room. I'm thinking about giving her a call either tomorrow or Sunday morning.
                      Last edited by dendawg; 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I finally got to talk with her for a short time today. She's still very sleepy, and is able to sit up in bed for short periods of time, but is unable to sit up with her legs hanging over the edge.

On the good side, she's having feeling in her left leg for the first time in a very long time. (She was born with Spina Bifida, and was gradually losing mobility in that leg all her life)

On the not-so-good side,(maybe ) since the operation, her pulse has been up markedly, up to over 100 resting. I dunno if this is good or not because of her smaller stature. (4' 6", 92 lbs.) So far, nothing the docs have done has brought it down yet. Could anyone advise me on this particular side effect?

Edit: Called her again about an hour ago. Said she's been given an EKG, and everything turned out normal. The mystery deepens...

More updates as they come.
                        Dendawg
                        Last edited by dendawg; 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

She's going back for a corrective surgery in the morning. Apparently, the doc missed something the first time around. Officially back to bein a wreck.
                          Last edited by dendawg; 03-11-2010, 11:03 PM. Reason: edit for corrected info

Comment

Hang in there, DD. I'm in Cincinnati too if you need an ear!
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Thanks, PG. Very much appreciated.

I neglected to say that my lady came out of it, so far so good. Her main problem at the moment is being able to keep food down.

Comment

Working...
                              X