This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate weekends.

Well, this was my weekend. Yes, just the past TWO DAYS. How was yours?

Overheard: The count.

A guest is passing the front desk, where we've put our leftover cookies from "snack time"
    Guest: "One cookie! ah-ah-ah-ah! Two cookies! ah-ah-ah-ah!"

Directionally challenged:

Guest: "Where's the bathroom?"
    Guest's friend (in another room): "That way!"
    Guest: (not looking) Okay. *wonders off*

Then WAKE HIM UP.

So I got a phone call from my Night Audit boi last night at 2:17 in the morning. No, I wasn't asleep, which he's lucky. However, I was in the middle of some X-rated stuff which certainly did NOT pause while NAb was on the phone with me.

Night Audit boi: NAb
    Evil Queen:

Phone rings. I answer; "Ya-llo?"
    NAb: Hey, EQ, it's NAb.
    Me: *ooph* Hey. What's wrong?
    NAb: There's a guy just standing in the hall way. I think he's sleep walking.
    Me: That's kinda rare but it's been known to happen. Just tap him on the shoulder and tell him to go to his room.
    NAb: So... I just wake him up?
    Me: yes.
    NAb: Then what do I do?
    Me: *twitches and not from what my companion is doing to me* You tell him to go to his room.

This goes on for a full two minutes, back and forth. BLAH! When I come in for my next shift, I find out NAb wound up calling our boss FIVE separate times about this guy. Later in the day, I also find out he was sent back to the hotel because he was so hung over he's getting sick during class.

Lack of planning on your part...
    We're sold out. Lady walks in and politely asks; "Do you have any rooms available?"
    Me: I'm sorry Ma'am, we're all sold out.
    Lady: Really?
    Me: Yes.
    Lady: But that's not fair! I just stayed in <same chain> in El Paso last night! I should get a room.
    Me: *glare* I'm sorry. But we're sold out.
    Lady: .... Oh, uh, I was just kidding.
    Me: uh-huh. *suggests another hotel*

I HATE KIDS
    Incoming call; sounds relatively normal except for the giggling in the background. I figure; meh? Who cares? Graduation is coming up so it's probably students making reservations for a party of some sort.

Caller: Hi, do you have any rooms available Saturday?
    Me: *checks* I do, yes.
    Caller: What's your biggest room available?
    Me: My biggest room available is <room>, which is a handicapped king bed.
    Caller: What's the difference between a handicap room and a regular room?
    Me: In this one, it's simply bigger to allow for a wheel chair. Would you like to book the room?
    Caller: Yeah, I have 5 people, can I get, like, a cot or something?
    Me: Yes, we have rollaway beds available. Your rate for that many people would be <rate; I added an extra $10 to the rate because I figured they where all "kids">
    Caller: Okay, I'd like to book it then.
    Me: Sure, your last name?
    Caller: Cyrus.
    Me: OKay, and your first name?
    Caller: *giggle giggle* Miley.
    Me: I'm sorry, we don't allow children at this location. *click*

A moment later, the phone rings again. This time it's a boy calling, but I can still hear the giggling in the background. He asks if he can make a reservation.

Me: Yes, what for date?
    Caller: What?
    Me: For what date?
    Caller: *giggle* What?
    Me: For what date?
    Caller: what?
    Me: ..... *click*

Thankfully, tomorrow's my day off. For now; I glue myself to the TV for BioShock 2.

Reeeesst......
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

At least the first one was funny.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I. Want. To. Work. Security. Foryourhotel.

No, actually, I wanna poke your new NAb.

Now doesn't that sound twisted.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Overheard: The count.
        A guest is passing the front desk, where we've put our leftover cookies from "snack time"
        Guest: "One cookie! ah-ah-ah-ah! Two cookies! ah-ah-ah-ah!"
        Okay, I have to admit I'll do this every now and then for comedic effect. The trick is to see who giggles.

Comment

Was the first guy dressed like the Count too?

Comment

In the defense of NAb, I would have been scared to wake up a sleepwalking person too. Sometimes they are dangerous, they do things that they don't really know they're doing, and don't respond well to being woken up by something that's "not in their dream"
            Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

The count one would make me giggle furiously.

The kids... no called ID to call back and wake their parents?
              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Lady: But that's not fair!
                wahh; talk to the hand. did she stamp her foot and ball her fists while saying that?

yes, be careful about waking sleepwalkers (or sleeping people, for that matter); when i was in germany, we had a guy who would come out swinging if you tried to wake him.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I loved the count, I had to share the experiance of him.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Must not have been that good.

You answered the phone while otherwise "involved"? WHY!?!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Me: Yes, what for date?
                      Caller: What?
                      I suggest you learn to do a Samuel L. Jackson impression.

"What country you from?"
                      "What ain't no country I ever heard of, they speak English in What?"
                      "ENGLISH, MOTHERF***ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"
                      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
                        You answered the phone while otherwise "involved"? WHY!?!
                        Because, at the time, I thought it was hilarious. Besides, what else would I be doing at 2:30 in the freaking morning?

...other than sleeping, I mean.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Because, at the time, I thought it was hilarious. Besides, what else would I be doing at 2:30 in the freaking morning?

...other than sleeping, I mean.
                          Also why should you have to stop because your coworker is an idiot?
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                            Also why should you have to stop because your coworker is an idiot?
                            Precisely!

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                              Okay, I have to admit I'll do this every now and then for comedic effect.
                              I did the Count impression at a Rocky Horror show, and one of the cast members said something along the lines of, "OMG! The Count!"
                              I reply, "The Count von Count... thus, the counting thing..."
                              She went, "... I never knew that! It makes so much sense!"
                              "Are you high?"
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X