X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you suppose this means?

Ok.. blah blah blah.. work sucks, blah blah blah... You know the rest

Anyway, I came into work today after having the past five days off. It was wonderful! My first weekend off since April! I could have settled for just the weekend, though. Not 5 days.
    So I come in at 6 a.m., go to the break room to get my stylin' red vest, and I notice the new schedule is up. It's for two weeks in advance. So I look at my department.
    Hmm.. looks kinda empty. The manager and 3 employees. One transferred to a different store, so we got a guy from IL&G. "Hmm.." I say to myself, "Where am I on here?" I look again. I'm not scheduled in my department. "Ok," I think. "I must have finally been transferred to receiving." So I look there. Nope. Not there. Now I look over the entire 9 pages of the schedule. I am not on the schedule! My name is nowhere to be found!
    So... am I fired? Oversight? Getting transferred to a different department? I can't ask my zone manager, as he is on vacation and won't be back for a week. I tried to ask the MOD, but she was clueless (as usual).

BTW, the new guy got transferred in at full time, and my ZM KNOWS I need full time. And I have been there longer (at the store, and at paint) then the new guy.

*Sigh* I wish I could get a new job.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Dust off your resume. Look for work like you've never looked before.

It may be an oversight, but I'd heartily suggest you look for something else before they officially drop the axe.

You may have to look for something with a lower wage, what with seasonal staff now looking as well, but get looking.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've been looking for about 5 months now. I have numerous applications out, but no luck. I just updated my resume, got a haircut, even gave my dress shoes a very nice polishing. But still, can't find a new job.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

It's a shame that no one seems to know why you aren't on the schedule.

One week, that happened to me. Well, my NAME was on there, I just didn't have any hours. I went up to my manager and asked him if there was something he was trying to tell me. He said, "So THAT'S why I had hours left over!!!!!" I got my hours, and I didn't have to punch out for lunch.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah it happened to me before also. My name was up there, but no hours. I just went to the manager, and got everything worked our.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            I got my hours, and I didn't have to punch out for lunch.
            Gotta wonder on the definition of "punch" there...
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
            X