X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient Couple

So I open up on a register today and call out, "Next customer on #4!"

A woman with a cartload of stuff gets there first and unloads a few of her items, while a couple arrives just after her, with only three items.

The couple looks at the woman ahead of them, then look at me with expectant-- nay, entitled-- expressions. It was those expressions that prompted me to not ask the customer ahead of them if they could go first, because I don't believe in rewarding EWs.

When it becomes clear I'm not going to take them first, the two of them take one of the dividers (used to separate orders from each other), put it about half-way down the (mostly empty) belt, and lay their items down about two feet behind it. Basically laying claim to so much of the belt and depriving the woman ahead of them of the space to properly unload her cart.

To her credit, the woman ahead of them just moves the divider back further, so it's right next to their items, so she can use the space. I ring her up without commenting on the EWs' impatience, which she also doesn't comment on, she goes on her merry way, and I ring up the EWs without commenting either.

Because, honestly, they didn't strike me as the type to take criticism well, and I don't need the stress.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Wow, feel special much?
    (to the EW's not you)
    Congrats for being so self-controlled there. You and the other lady did well.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I've been in that situation before as a customer and 8 outta 10 people usually asks me to go ahead but even so you can't be impatient in a grocery store cause the cashiers go as fast as humanly can.

Comment

And you deprived them of any chance to explain that the awful woman who was expecting to follow the order of the queue was delaying them! You, sir, are amazing!

Comment

that, good sir, is full of capital WIN.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Ugh, people putting their crap onto the belt before the previous customer is done unloading. Makes me twitch because I could scan quite quickly, which meant the belt would keep moving up and up and up....and the next folks would get upset when the person I was still checking out simply skidded their stuff back to make more space.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X