This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW Shuts Down an EW

My CW CR is our regular evening FDLP person, checkin' receipts and suffering no fools.

He related this story to me earlier.

This woman walks in, no handicap or disability on display at all. No limp, no cane, no walker, no crutches, no sign of any physical handicap. She wanders over to the electronics section and looks over some of the displays near the front door. A few moments later, her two children come in and start climbing around on our electric carts.

CR steps over and asks the kids to stop screwing around on the electric carts, they're not toys, etc. The mother comes over and asks how the carts work. CR explains they need a key. She asks for one.

Now, given that she hasn't volunteered any explanation for needing one-- a nerve condition or some handicap that wouldn't be visible to the naked eye-- and is clearly not otherwise handicapped, CR would be in the right to refuse it. But something about her attitude told him that if he did so, she would complain to management or otherwise raise a stink that he has had happen far too many times, and so he was ready to give her the key anyway. He gets it out for her, and then she does it.

She asks for a second key.

CR does the math. Two kids with obvious interest in playing with the carts. Two keys. Yeah, that's not happening. CR flat out refuses her, telling her the carts are not for children to ride, they are not toys.

Then she asks for one key, so she can take a cart, because-- and I quote, "I'm tired."

And with that, the EW has given CR all he needs to completely refuse her a key. He tells her, in a level (if irritated) tone, that the carts are for our members with handicaps or disabilities, "not because you're tired." He takes the key back and puts it away. And EW and her kids leave with no electric cart.

BONUS STORY FROM CR

Customer comes in with his young daughter. She's a toddler, old enough to walk and babble in sentence fragments. English is not the family's first language. The father (or perhaps older uncle or grandfather, I'm terrible at estimating ages) and little girl are hanging around near the front door, waiting for the rest of their party.

Little girl is walking around barefoot. Which, as any store will tell you, is a big no-no. CR tells the father, "She can't be barefoot inside the store." Message is clearly not received. CR repeats himself: "She needs to wear shoes if she's going to be inside the store."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

For forty minutes. Finally the father seems to understand and says her shoes are in the car. CR acknowledges this, re-states his position ("Little girl. No bare feet. Needs shoes. Hrrm."), and finally father and child leave the store to equip footwear.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Astonishing. She left. But you just know she'll call up and complain (and get goodies ) sometime tomorrow.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Why wouldn't you wear foot gear. +5 bonus to dodge.
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
      X