X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got A New Job

Kinda sorta... Okay, it's weird.

For a long time, I complained about the job i had. About three years ago, I got the job I'm at now. When I left the old one, I left on good terms. Friends with all of upper management, my sole problem was one person: My immediate manager.

Since then, I've helped out a couple times over a weekend here and there.

About two weeks ago, I get a call: Can I come in for a meeting? Turns out they want me back, but this time, I'm going in to manage the IT dept, and getting a decent raise. Talked about it with Wife, and decided to accept.

Looks like my time in management starts soon. And nervous about it, too.

Quoth Pedersen View Post
    Kinda sorta... Okay, it's weird.

For a long time, I complained about the job i had. About three years ago, I got the job I'm at now. When I left the old one, I left on good terms. Friends with all of upper management, my sole problem was one person: My immediate manager.

Since then, I've helped out a couple times over a weekend here and there.

About two weeks ago, I get a call: Can I come in for a meeting? Turns out they want me back, but this time, I'm going in to manage the IT dept, and getting a decent raise. Talked about it with Wife, and decided to accept.

Looks like my time in management starts soon. And nervous about it, too.
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do well.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yes, good on you. You'll do fine.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oooooh brand new manager!!!! Congrats! The first steps as a manager are never easy, but you'll do fine, once you get used to the extra responsibility.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Nifty! A mate of mine went from coder to team leader to manager. As he said to me the other week, he doesn't have to code any more - he just tells others to do it.

Is the person you left to avoid still there?

Rapscallion

Comment

Negative. I wouldn't go back while he was. He actually got fired over a year ago. I think 1.5 years ago. His replacement was even worse. I got asked to come back by him, but declined then, too, because I knew he was worse.

Those two are gone. As to what the future holds? I don't know. I know enough to know that I'm in for a lot of work. That's it. I'm still looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
            X