This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new catkid! (image heavy)

This little thing showed up a few nights ago; I discovered it stuck up a tree. Tried coaxing it down but gave up since it was getting dark, and I figured it'd come down on it's own eventually. Got up, went to work the next morning, and came home to have Mom tell me that my nephew got the extension ladder and fished it down because it was still up there at 1PM that day. We've been feeding and handling it; it's VERY friendly and pops out whenever we come outside for pets and snuggles. I've put some Frontline on it to get rid of the ticks that are so bad this time of year, and if it keeps sticking around, I'll take it to the vet and have everything done. We've asked around and it doesn't seem to belong to anyone. The poor thing is skin and bones, so despite being people-friendly it hasn't been cared for very well lately. Doesn't look too old, either. We're pretty sure it's female, but we need to look again to be sure. Dunno what we're gonna call her/him yet . . . I think maybe Dragon . . .

Last edited by Dave1982; 01-14-2011, 08:31 PM. Reason: changed to wide image tags for easier browsing
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Teeth and size suggest young.

Friendliness suggests a domestic birth.

Weight and scruffiness suggest abandoned.

Advantage plus a steady diet should have him/her looking like a fine example of the tuxie. Nice symmetry in the markings.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OoO! I have a weakness for tuxedo cats.

Neither of my kitties are tuxedoes, but I think they're gorgeous.

Luck you!

Hopefully you get to keep him/her. Sounds like he/she chose the right humans. XD

Comment

What a sweetheart! That's close to what happened when my family adopted our cat before, but he was being malnourished.
        Looks like kitty wants to keep you though, have fun with it!
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

You have not adopted Kitty. Kitty has Adopted you.

Comment

This is a problem?

What a cute little guy!
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

heh, looks like adora-kitty is posing in some of those! :3 KITTY!
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Mama Bast knows where to send her babies who need a new home. Don't fight it. She usually wins.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Definitely looks like a dragon in the first picture. She's a cutie!
                  My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Awwww!!! Such a cute kitty. And you know that you didn't adopt the cat, the cat adopted you.

Comment

Aw, pretty kitty!

My first cat was a gray and white guy who showed up in our driveway one January day (it was over winter break during my senior year of college). He was very sweet and friendly, definitely not feral and not underweight or anything. Despite appearing to have been recently well-cared for, no one in the neighborhood claimed him and no one responded to the lost cat ad my mom put in the paper - though a couple people called and offered to take him if she didn't find the owner. But by then it was too late . We had him for 7 years. (His name was George but we called him Kitty.)
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yes, you've been adopted by a cute tux kitty!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It looks like you've been feeding KITTY! :3 (sorry, excited...)-- make sure you set out clean, fresh water everyday so that kitty can have something that isn't frozen, if it's that cold in your area.
                          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I really just want to call it Soft Kitty but no one else seems to like it (Big Bang fans will know what it means). There's still a battle of pecking order going on between it and Mort; they're forever staring at each other for long periods of time before someone starts hissing and scratching.
                            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Heh, when I read the title, I pictured more like this:

That being said...

D'awww tuxedo kitty!
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                              X