This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assaulted with rotten veggies

This one was relayed to me by my good buddy in produce, who was chapped enough to come all the way to the other side of the store to my department to tell me about it. He was standing there stocking, as he does, when all of a sudden he finds himself pelted in the back with . . . a green pepper. A brown squishy one. He turns around and is suddenly facing a very angry old lady who is beckoning him with her finger to "Come here". He picks up the pepper and walked over, and she points at it and tells him "I just thought you should know, that one is bad. I was saying "Sir! Sir!" over and over but you weren't listening to me!" And then she had the gall to ask him to pick a good one out for her. He said he made up some excuse about everyone being different about how they liked their peppers and walked away before he lost his temper.

Part of me does find it a little funny, but it also makes me sad. No one is allowed to throw crap at my friend He's still a little pissed off about the whole thing and it happened yesterday. WTF kind of entitled old bitch do you have to be to think you have the right to throw ANYTHING at an employee?!
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

He should have smashed it in her stupid face

Comment

While what she did was inexcusable, violence in return would not have made the situation better.

Walking away was just about the best thing he could have done, though going straight to a manager might have at least got the rotten old bitch thrown out of the store for assaulting an employee.
      Last edited by EvilEmpryss; 01-31-2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: Modifying my superlatives.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

If not assault, at least harassment. You can't just hit a person.

Reminds me of the highway workers that were assaulted every morning by a lady driving through the work zone pelting them with bananas. The ones who got hit decided to press charges; I believe it's illegal to throw anything at someone from your car.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          While what she did was inexcusable, violence in return would not have made the situation better.
          Thank you.

Friendly reminder: We don't condone violence here at CS, regardless of how richly it would seem to be deserved.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I guess it would be a cruel thing to do to that poor Pepper that did nothing ._.

Comment

Were this my perfect Utopia, she would have been brought up on misdemeanor assault charges (hell if spit qualifies, a rotten pepper should as well) or at the very least would have to now drive to the other side of town to get her @#$%ing groceries after getting her ass banned.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                Were this my perfect Utopia, she would have been brought up on misdemeanor assault charges (hell if spit qualifies, a rotten pepper should as well) or at the very least would have to now drive to the other side of town to get her @#$%ing groceries after getting her ass banned.
                I really have to agree. That old bat is lucky the guy in the OP was calm and able to walk away....truly.

I'm afraid my reaction would have been more...visceral.

And yeah, that's all I can really say about that.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think this should have been titled "Assault and Pepper".
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Ugh. Still, made me laugh.

Comment

"I just thought you should know, that one is bad. I was saying "Sir! Sir!" over and over but you weren't listening to me!" And then she had the gall to ask him to pick a good one out for her.
                      he should have given her the pepper that was thrown at him, saying that for him that one is the best...

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        LOL! Damn I wish I thought of that. I knew there was a clever pun in this situation somewhere but my weekend work-frazzled brain couldn't find it. A mod is welcome to change it if they so wish, though.

I think in situations like this, we as employees end up so shocked at the general asshole-ish behavior of such SCs shocks us so much that we're not sure how to react. Although I know had it been someone chucking their prescription at me, you can bet my pharmacist would have been out there like lightning to chew them out. I almost hope the nasty old bat comes in and tries this again so someone CAN charge her with assault. I'm actually surprised she didn't try to find a manager and report my friend for being rude because he didn't help her.

But like I say, we get to go home and forget about it, maybe have a laugh and a drink. Where the SCs like this one will always have a pickle (or maybe I should say, a bell pepper) up their ass.
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                          he should have given her the pepper that was thrown at him, saying that for him that one is the best...
                          heh.

but seriously what a bitch. what the hell's wrong with just walking over to someone and touching them on the arm instead of THROWING something at him.

yes the bitch should have been kicked out. pepper abuse!

Comment

I really want to know who was ever raised to believe that it's ok to throw food at someone to get their attention.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              I really want to know who was ever raised to believe that it's ok to throw food at someone to get their attention.
                              This.

I often want to ask some of my callers if their mother raised them to speak to people that way.

Granted, it pales in comparison with being assaulted by a vegetable, but still - I'm regularly shocked by the behavior I've heard. And I really do wonder if their moms are assholes too, or if they've just gone rogue.

Suffice it to say that if I ever caught one of my boys speaking to people the way I'm spoken to, or (god forbid) acting like this old bitch, they wouldn't be able to sit for a week. They are grown men and over 6 feet tall, but I'd still kick both of their asses for that type of behavior.

Comment

Working...
                              X