This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse 1 - SC 0

Not wanting to threadjack this post, but it reminded me of a story of mine that brought cheers and laughter to me day.

I used to go out to Assateague Island to go swimming. Now Assateague has the ponies that descended from the horses brought over from abroad and were released when the ship struck bottom and got stranded hundreds of years ago. They are a protected species and are not to be bothered except for the pony swim to the mainland to cull off the excess population of the herd by holding an auction and selling them off.

Now I also went to Assateague with my little lock-picking gun. The idea came to me when I locked my keys in my car and it took 2 hours for the locksmith to drive what takes me 30 minutes in heavy traffic from Ocean City and charged me an arse-raping $80 just to spend 30 seconds jimmying my door latch.

I figured I could make a huge profit if I learned how to use one of those key guns and do it myself. Would often make $200-$400 per weekend going up to a person locked out of his car and offering him to do it for $25 and in 30 seconds as opposed to waiting for 2 hours for the enevitable gouge.

Funny how many people took me up on the offer.

Anyway, I'm out there and I get a call on my cell phone (I left fliers on the message board). I go out there, unlock the door, get many thanks for allowing the people to enjoy the rest of their vacation/weekend/day at the beach) and I hear a car alarm going off.

Now remember the ponies? They wander everywhere...even in the parking lots. There were at the time signs saying to NOT set your car alarm since it can disturb the (say it with me boys and girls) "Federally protected ponies".

Well one of the ponies bumbs into some guy's Jaguar and the alarm goes off. This scared the pony that bumped it and since it was a mare, the herd stallion went berserk on it. He was rearing on his hind legs and stomping his front hoves on the hood, would turn and mule kick the grill, the doors and just did the equine version of the hillbilly stomp all over that car.

The owner was begging and pleading with the park rangers to "SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!"

The rangers just calmly informed him that horses are protected and it would be better if he hit his key-fob and turn off the alarm so the ponies would calm down. He did and the stallion got bored and calmed down.

Then and only then did the rangers do anything. They calmly advanced on the ponies and calmly convinced them that they really wanted to be on the other side of the parking lot.

End result?
    Jaguar receives significant cosmetic damage in the way of dents, scratches, and small areas where the paint is gone (sharp hooves and deep denting), Jaguar owner learns that he can't sue since it was posted that (a.) the park has no responsibility for damages to personal belongings and/or vehicles unless the damage was caused by the park rangers (backing the ranger SUV into the car for example) and that (b.) you can't really sue since it was an act of nature that did the damage and a warning was clearly posted. He also learned that reading and following the signs might just be a wise thing to do.

As for the rest of us, we all got the warm feeling of watching nature bend this sucky person over, really give it to him and not bother with lubricants.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

HAAAA!

Thanks for the much needed Mondy morning laugh!

Comment

LOL!! Good one Mongo! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
        As for the rest of us, we all got the warm feeling of watching nature bend this sucky person over, really give it to him and not bother with lubricants.
        I'm afraid I'm going to have to permanently borrow that phrase.

at the idiot with the Jag.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Aw, geez. That poor horse.

But frankly, it would have been funny if when the guy was screaming "Shoot it!" the rangers shot the car. But then again, then they would have had to pay damages, and might have hurt/scared the horse.

So I guess I'm satisfied with how things turned out.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The car nut in me wonders... I wonder what Enzo Ferrari would have thought about a prancing horse attacking a Jaguar...

But seriously, I hope the horse didn't get hurt. That would have sucked, even though some rich idiot got what was coming.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Go Pony!!!!! I've been there. The ponies are beautiful.
              And it didn't occur to this guy on his own to turn off his car alarm??!
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-29-2007, 04:03 PM. Reason: something just occurred to me...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Awesome story, nice to know that even animals can foster a hatred for SCs.

Comment

When some asshole's car alarm is going off at three in the morning, and the owner doesn't notice for a while, don't you just want to take matters into your own hands? Good on the horse for doing that-Lord knows I would have enjoyed seeing that.

But I digress. I wonder what Jaguar guy would have done if the ranger shot the horse? "Hmm, thank God that the horse attacking my Jag is dead! Now I just have to figure out how to get 1200 pounds of dead horse off of my car..."

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

what an idiot!!... i luv Assateague Island .... i havent been there since i was a teenager but i loved going over there when we camped at Toms Cove. I loved the ponies... they were my favorite part of my summer vacations....i even have a pic of me with one of the ponies... he came right up to our camper and was eating grass right out of my hand... they were so sweet (at least this pony was...lol)

go for the pony messing up his car... next time he'll learn not to set the alarm

Comment

Ha ha! Looks like another SC got royally PWNED.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

HAHA! The idiot got what he deserved!!
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

PWNED by a pony!

Next time, RTFS, stupid rich twit!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                            But I digress. I wonder what Jaguar guy would have done if the ranger shot the horse? "Hmm, thank God that the horse attacking my Jag is dead! Now I just have to figure out how to get 1200 pounds of dead horse off of my car..."
                            "Okay sir, it's all yours."

"Well... take it off, get rid of it!"

"Sorry sir, it was your idea to shoot it, now you figure out how to get rid of it. And don't let me catch you littering. Illegally dumping could get you a $15,000 fine, 30 days in jail, or both. Have a nice day"

Comment

I think the best thing about this story is that Jag Jerk was clearly one of those people who were of the opinion that signs applied only to others. So lovely to see the reality of the matter beaten into his skull (or his car, as the case may be).

Comment

Working...
                              X