Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apartment Management Idiocy, Wherein Jester Is Subtle and Polite.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment Management Idiocy, Wherein Jester Is Subtle and Polite.

Dear Incompetent Property Managers:

Last week we scheduled with you to have our main living area re-carpeted. You told us we had to schedule at least a week ahead of time. We did this. You told us the carpet guy doesn't work on weekends. This is inconvenient for us, but fine. We agreed. You told us to have everything out of the living room. Towards which end I spent two lovely hours last night boxing up all my 450 or so books and carting the 21 boxes they fit into down to my truck, to get them out of the way. Also, this morning my roommate and I spent about 30 minutes and a lot of physical exertion moving everything out of the living room, tucking it in whatever space we could, such as the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, and even the balcony. We did this because today was going to be the day you blessed us with glorious new carpeting.

Today we do not have new carpeting. Why? Well, as you told me when you called me as I was on my way to work, the carpet guy's order of carpet did not come in on Wednesday as expected. You did not call us Wednesday to tell us this. Nor did you call us Thursday. You DID call us today, after we had already moving the entire fucking living room, including six motherfucking bookcases, out of the living room, blocking off the use of one bathroom and all of the kitchen, and exposing some of the furniture to the elements while they were out on the balcony. A lot of fucking good that call did us. Now we had the pleasure of getting to put the living room back together, and at some time in the future, doing this shit all over again.

When asked why in the flying hell you didn't have the decency, consideration, or fucking professionalism to call us some time before we went through all this pointless fucking labor, you said something about you were hoping that the carpet guy might get the carpet in, and you didn't want to tell us not to empty the living room, on the chance that that happened.

What? Maybe, just maybe, if you had taken a moment to pull your head out of your fucking ass, you might have thought to let us know the situation and ask us what we wanted to do, i.e., empty the living room and gamble, or reschedule. You didn't do this. You wasted our fucking time, and pissed us off.

To add to his fucking lunacy, you said you would call me today at some point and tell me when the carpet guy will be able to actually do this task. It is now past 7 pm, no one is in the office, and I never got that fucking call.

Unprofessional is too nice a word for you. You are incompetent, imbecilic, and completely thoughtless, and should never have any position that involves you making any type of authoritative decisions more complex than when to wipe your ass, or with what kind of toilet paper.

In short, Property Mangers, with no due respect, FUCK YOU! I will be calling you tomorrow. And Monday. And every fucking day you are in the office until you give me something resembling an answer as to when you are going to get this shit done. And I will HOLD you to that date. Yes, "things happen." Those of us with the slightest modicum of decency and professionalism also alert people when "things happen" so that they're not yanked around like a fucking yo-yo,.

Idiots. Whatever they're paying you, it's far too much.

Yours with seething hatred and heartfelt malice,

Jester

P.S. One more thing:

Fuck you again. Just because it feels really good to tell you "fuck you." Fuckers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

... between this and The Room, I'd move. Surely there's other places on your happy isle? (I too have as many books as you, or more. I feel every box and pain. )
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Actually, the books weren't even the part of it that pissed me off as much. While I will be unloading the truck, I plan on leaving the books boxed until the carpet does get redone. While really stuck in my craw was tearing apart the living room for exactly no reason, and them not bothering to call me when they knew it was virtually certain that they would not be redoing it that day. And then having the nerve to not call me back yesterday, as they said they would. And today, never answering the phone during their scheduled "office hours."

These people suck.

But moving is a pain, and while I have no doubt there are other places on the island, I don't know that Mr. Anti-Social and I could find a 2 bedroom that would work as well for us, or cost as little. Frankly, despite these headaches, we rather like the place. And the New(est) Roommate seems to be working out all right. Everything that the Bitch found wrong with the place (and us) seems to not be a problem for the new guy. Probably because he's not a manipulative whiny bitch like she was.

And honestly, a lot of places down here have worse landlords than what we're dealing with. I have heard some serious horror stories that make my complaints very minor by comparison.

Still A Customer."

Comment

GAH!

Sorry to hear you're going through that, Jester.

I'm dealing with the same sort of shit of a landlord that only cares about making sure the rent is paid on time. He never calls back, and you have to chase people down to get anything done, but be 5 minutes late with the rent, and out come the threats.

<background> We had a big windstorm come through at the end of April that knocked down parts of the fence. I sent the pictures the day it happened. It took until late May to get anyone in for a quote, now they need a second quote - so a summer without a yard.</background>

I've now asked the neighbours to call the Property Standards branch of the city to try to push things along.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          While really stuck in my craw was tearing apart the living room for exactly no reason, and them not bothering to call me when they knew it was virtually certain that they would not be redoing it that day.
          Yus. I too would be pissed, en flam, even-- and I'm too laid back for my own good.

Quoth Jester View Post
          And the New(est) Roommate seems to be working out all right. Everything that the Bitch found wrong with the place (and us) seems to not be a problem for the new guy. Probably because he's not a manipulative whiny bitch like she was.
          WAHHH~? You got a room-mate!? When the hell was this!!?

And Bandit... Just the remedy, imo. :3
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            WAHHH~? You got a room-mate!? When the hell was this!!?
            Yep. Right at the end of last month. Good guy. Came with good references, one of them being from my oldest and dearest friend on the island, who goes to church with him. Laid back older dude. Pretty cool. Hopefully he'll work out.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Good.
              Now all you have to deal with is a ditzy/flaky apartment setup. Oh, and what little bad stuff happens at your work!

Comment

UPDATE!

So when last I talked to the buffoons in the front office, Miss N told me that the carpet guy did not yet have the carpet, but she would call me when he got it in.

That was two Fridays ago.

The entire last week went by without a peep from them. I tried calling them this last Friday, but of course got no the answering service. The service told me when the managers would (in theory) be in the office Saturday. During that time on Saturday, I tried calling a couple of times, only to get the voice mail. No one home, indeed.

Finally today I called the office, and I got the idiot main manager, S, N's boss. I asked him what was going on with the carpet, as I had not heard a thing. He told me that he had not approved any such recarpeting, and all such things had to go through him.

Excuse me? Say what?

So I relayed the entire story to him, and he said he had approved the roommate's bedroom being recarpeted because that carpet was complete toast. He would have to look at our living room and make an evaluation, and run it by corporate.

Great, please do so. But are you telling me that we tore our living room apart at the instruction of one of your staff for nothing?

Yep, that was exactly what he was telling me.

And then the fucking weasel tried to pass the buck. He asked who I had talked to. I told him N, by name. Was I sure I had not talked to A?

A is a friend of mine, and I fucking cooked my chili for her and her husband's going away party last weekend. I know what she fucking sounds like. Also, N had been the one who had definitely been the one who arranged all of this (though A may have been the one to arrange the original bedroom recarpeting, a separate issue), N had been the one to not call me when the carpet guy didn't get his carpet in for us, causing us to tear the living room apart for no fucking reason as it turns out, and N had been the one to call me after we had done that to tell me we would not be getting the carpet that day. She had also been the one to agree to call me when the carpet came in.

And then I never heard from her, either because S told her he had not approved it or because she's a goat-blowing imbecile, I don't know.

I went OFF on S. I asked what kind of people he hired, because this whole thing had been, from start to finish, an incompetent, unprofessional CLUSTERFUCK. And I was damn angry, and with good reason.

After getting his assurances (cue laughter) that he would evaluate the living room carpet and get back to me, we got off the phone. Had I not been in such a great mood from other events in my life, I could have brewed coffee in my hand from the heat I would have been emitting.

Fucking morons. We have fucking morons running this otherwise very lovely apartment complex.

It may be time for yet another direct call to corporate. I am going to make these people's lives miserable until I get what I want. I am going to be a fucking SC from on high....but I feel completely and totally justified.

Give. Me. My. Carpet! NOW!!!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yup sounds like its time to go to corporate.

Comment

Not quite yet. I am going to give S a chance to get this shit righted. I don't believe that he WILL, mind you. I am just going to give him the chance to do so. If it goes sideways and continues in the vein that the rest of this little episode has, then I will place a very angry call in to corporate. But if they get it right, fuck it.....I'll have gotten what I wanted.

Still A Customer."

Comment

sounds like your complex is either owned by the same or a very similar company that runs mine. I wish you luck, though, with S passing the buck so obviously and with great ineptitude, I'd suggest having reams of documentation to take to corporate when you go to raise hell politely air your grievances.

Forgot who I was talking to for a second there. Naturally you're going to be prepared.

To raise hell.

>.>

Comment

Latest update:

S claims that he got the recarpeting of the living room authorized by corporate, though I have no idea when or if he actually bothered to come look at, document, and/or photograph the old carpet as he said he would have to to get the recarpeting authorized. My personal opinion is that he is afraid of pissing me off more. And I am all fine with that. Either way, allegedly, we are getting it done.

Now, S says he has to get with the carpet guy and see when the carpet guy can do it, but he feels it will be some time next week. Keep in mind, our living room is still in a shambles, and my 450+ books are still all boxed up in 21 different boxes in said shamble-ized living room. But that's good, that's fine, no worries.

New Roommate says the perverse part of him hopes that the recarpeting actually doesn't happen next week so that he can sit back and watch the fireworks. He's been here just barely a month, and he already knows what kind of firepower I can muster when I'm pissed off.

Keep in mind, I only found out all this when I called S today, as the little weasel never called me. I tried calling the office several times yesterday, only to get their voicemail. It seems no one is there much anymore. Luckily, on the second attempt today I got through to the weasel. But, whether he is telling me the truth or blowing smoke up my ass remains to be seen. Will they actually get this done? Will they actually give us the notice we need (a day minimum, but it would be nice to have a little more than that so we're not scrambling) to get it done, or will they call us next Friday morning to say they are coming that afternoon, at which time 2 of us will already be at work, and the other one will still be sleeping? We shall see.

The waiting game begins.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

UPDATE!

So I finally talked to S earlier in the week, and he said he had the carpet guy ready to go on Thursday if we were good with that. We were, and Wednesday night I once again hauled 21 books of boxes down to my Blazer to store them out of the way, and since New Roommate had to be at work at 8 am, I woke up at 7 am and NR and I pulled all the furniture out of the living room. Since we had had practice from the first time, we had this down, and got it all done in only 20 minutes or so. And then off to work we went.

And when I got home from a long shift at The Bar, there it was: glorious new carpeting. Yay! And NR and I put the living room back together. Actually, we re-arranged a few things, and the living room not only looks better, it's roomier and makes more sense now, too. And later that night, I hauled 21 boxes of books back up to my apartment from my truck, and now I just have to get off my ass and reshelve all those damn books. (Smartly I labeled each box as to which bookcase it came from, so I can keep my semblance of a vague system in place.)

On the plus side of things, my other roommate, Mr. Anti-Social, who owes me a bunch of money since he's been kinda between jobs, actually not only had rent AND bills for me for this month, but also had more money on top of that, and took a good chunk (about a third) out of what he owes me. And NR paid me this month's bills right on time.

Naturally, in the very same weekend, a good friend of mine who still owes me some money just asked me to loan her some more. She texted me this whole panic story, and I replied simply that I would get back to her after dinner. At which time I texted her asking for her account number (we bank at the same bank, and often just transfer money from account to account when we are loaning/paying back loans between each other), and for some reason, NOW she's gone silent. Guess she doesn't want the money after all.

Still A Customer."

Comment

O_O Dude. That's awesome. Congratulations~!

Comment

Yep. Now I just need to (deep breath):

Get all the books reshelved, clean a tool organizer I'm going to use to store some kitchen stuff, reorganize my kitchen, clean my bathroom, clean the disaster that is my room, bag up my mountain of back-laundry and take it to my awesome laundry woman, reorganize my room, go laptop hunting, get my roommate and my friend to pay me back the approximately $1800 they collectively owe me, plan something hilarious for my stepfather's 80th birthday, pay rent, give my truck a well-deserved bath, watch the new episode of Next Food Network Star, go on the Fourth of July bar stroll, get drunk, wrest control of a Third World nation's government from its tyrannical despot, buy a professional sports team, get laid, and PASS THE FUCK OUT!

Yeah, I've got a busy weekend planned.
                              Last edited by Jester; 07-03-2011, 04:16 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X