X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim butcher is...(spoiler free)

A GOD!!!!

I picked up ghost stories today, and as usual it starts with a nice loud BANG!

first 2 lines:

"living is hard
    dying is easy"

and it just gets better from there. Not finished with it yet (only had it for a few hours), but I'm barely 2 chapters in and has me hooked as usual.

it also has 2 suprise guest apperances in the first chapter! one you won't belive!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I just got that today from the library! Cannot wait to read it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just got the email that it had shipped, I pre-ordered at Christmas.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

well, duh, sarlon. I figured this out a while back.
        He writes well.
        I need to scrounge monies.
        >_>
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Do want. ......maybe I'll ask my brother-in-law for it for my birthday. Yeah, I'll do that.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Must read more. I am only on book 4. Hubby was pleased. Will get it for the nook when he is done with book of Butcher's other series
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Finished it! Well worth the read, and that's all I'll say.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

... *hate hate hate*
                ... *is totes jellies*
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I just picked up the series a couple months back, just started White Night. I am just SO in love with the series. My husband says I haven't lol'd over a book so much in ages, scares him silly when I suddenly burst out laughing over some of the shenanigans.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    I just picked up the series a couple months back, just started White Night. I am just SO in love with the series. My husband says I haven't lol'd over a book so much in ages, scares him silly when I suddenly burst out laughing over some of the shenanigans.
                    My husband did that all the time in the car. It is never a good thing to make the driver jump.
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

At school, I try so hard not to bust out laughing over some of the stuff that happens in those books. Most of the time, I fail.
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

between bob, murphy, and his brother things get interesting.
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

B&N just e-mailed to tell me my pre-order of the book is delayed

But I will be a good gremlin and wait before I go rampaging.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I finished Ghost Story yesterday. I loved it! I have to reread it. It's not as razzle-dazzle as others but....just wow.

Maybe we should make a thread with a spoiler tag so we can talk about it.
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Halfway through; lovin' it so far.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X