This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this is a first for me...

First time I have EVER seen Nicholas yell at someone. And threaten to kick them out of the store.

Background: customer dropped off his laptop for virus removal. It is not a cheap service from us but it includes a lot of extras .. mainly unlimited software-related service etc. And it covers a diagnostic fee.

What it doesn't cover is hardware.

And did I mention the diag?... yeah it covers that because we run a diag first before scanning for viruses.

Turns out this guy might still have a virus but... he also has a bad hard drive. His computer was under the manufacturer's warranty but since he didn't get it from us he'd have to contact the manufacturer and talk to them.

He went from 0 to 666 in about ... oh 30 seconds tops.

Me: *starts explaining options - we can charge him for a new hdd or he can contact the manufacturer and find out how they want to do it*

LR (Laptop Rager): WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO CONTACT <MANUFACTURER!> I PAID $$$ FOR THIS SERVICE. I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK AND A COMPLETE REFUND!!!!ELEVENTY!!!

Not my call so I called for an MOD and Keith responded (he's not MOD but he's our senior tech so ... good enough).

LR: WHAT DO I NEED TO FIX THIS. I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH <MANUFACTURER>.

Keith: For that we would have to sell you a hard drive

LR: I PAID $$$ FOR THIS SERVICE. I AM NOT GOING TO PAY YOU FOR A HDD. I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK AND A COMPLETE REFUND.

Keith: I can't give you a complete refund
    LR: THAT WORD DOES NOT EXIST IN MY VOCABULARY. YOU WILL GIVE ME A REFUND!!!!!

Keith WAS going to refund part of the $$$ and only charge him the diag fee but the guy cut him off ... so Nicholas happened to show up and they went into the back to discuss it.

Both K & N agreed - no refund. the most they'd do was charge him diag and refund the rest but... if he continued to rage they'd just give him the computer back and have done with it.

LR tried the same thing on Nicholas.... repeating the same things only ... louder. Other customers were staring at the drama lama in fascination.

Finally Nicholas raised his voice: You can calm down or I can have you removed from the store.

LR *tried yelling again*
    Nicholas: Do you want to leave?

Finally he ... well LR shut his mouth at least. Keith closed the order out with "Customer refused service", i had him sign that he was taking the computer (oddly he didn't yell at me but I kept my voice neutral cos I didn't want to instigate the crazy rage) and he left.

But dang. He made Santa yell. What an ass.

(and i bet that little shit who was insulting Nicholas yesterday... would probably wet himself if faced with him in yelling mode. Seriously do not piss off our Santa.)

Interesting

There is a good chance that this person knew that they already had a bad drive.

For people who do not know, major flooding has wiped out one third of ***ALL*** worldwide hard drive production. For the last month all drives have been slowly creeping up in price which means you can't just go out and buy a cheap replacement drive like you use to.

This also means if your drive is under warranty that manufacters are getting a little slow shipping a replacement and very picky that the warranty paperwork is 100% correct/filled-out.

I always start asking questions and have doubts when people get so angry so fast.

Comment

yeah our hdd prices have already gone up. still, if he had pulled his head out of his ego a bit and contacted the manufacturer he could have gotten a free hdd from them

but he *chose* to be a cock and have a hissy fit

Comment

talked to some coworkers about the rager today...

apparently there were a couple of bikers standing in line at nearby section that were ready to restrain the man if needed.

cos nicholas looks strong but... he's not young. makes me glad to know that other customers were prepared to protect him, and drag the rager out if needed.

Comment

Working...
        X