This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assholery on my FB wall

Hopefully this doesn't come off as banal, but it got me pretty fumed and then snowballed. Yesterday, fed up with the numerous patients yelling, whining, and cussing us out because "My doctor said he/she was calling this in and that you guys would have it ready in fifteen MINUTES!!!!!!Eleventy!!11!", I got on FB and posted the following: (Keep in mind, my FB is private and only friends can see it)

"To ALL Dr. Offices: you do NOT get to tell people when their RX will be ready. Keep this up and there will be BLOOD, I swear."

No biggie, I vent about work on occasion. Then . . . my 'friend', who spent quite a few years working at Dr's offices, had to chime in.

"You've never been on that end of it, patients can be very demanding and it makes it easier to shut them up."

Me: *suppressing anger* "But then they show up here and take it out on us!"

Her: "I know that's the point, lol."

At this point, another friend of mine commented, saying that that was a really douchey thing to do and that we should all be on the same page.

Friend 1 responded: "Believe me doctor's offices put up with a lot more then the pharmacys."

I thought about replying. I thought about sending a personal message since I don't like arguments online. But I ended up just deleting the pretentious bitch. I have no room in my life for people like this, who will deliberately lie to patients, knowing full well we're not filling anything in 15 fucking minutes, and knowing that the patient will take out their frustration on the pharmacy staff, but it's all ok because well, "They're not my problem anymore, huzzah!" seems to be the attitude behind it. Someone actually did make a "Oh, well I guess THAT makes it ok!" comment after she said that she puts up with more than we do, and she didn't respond anymore. At first I thought I was overreacting until mid-afternoon, when most of my pharmacy pals had had their first break and in turn, a chance to see that lovely gem. No one remarked on it because they didn't know if it would upset *me* or not, but I told them that the only reason I held back is because the person fills with us.

To top it off, she had the balls to walk up to the counter today with a big smile to pick up her scripts. The other cashier waited on her for me. Ugh.

So much rage
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I hate that. I was commenting back and forth with a friend on my own post about an artist I like when another "friend" got on and blasted me on my own wall about how I shouldn't listen to that music. (has some kind of moral issue with it) I deleted his comments and him.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
      who will deliberately lie to patients *snip* but it's all ok because well, "They're not my problem anymore, huzzah!"
      I shudder at the above comment. Maybe I'm the exception, but I'd much rather have the Doctor's office give me an annoying truth than to make up random bullshit. For that matter, I'm paying them to deal with me. I'm not there to be brushed off and made the problem of a pharmacist who's possibly never seen me before.

And what's so hard about telling a customer that a script will be faxed in "X" time frame and to call the pharmacy to confirm receipt of the script and when it'll be ready?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post

And what's so hard about telling a customer that a script will be faxed in "X" time frame and to call the pharmacy to confirm receipt of the script and when it'll be ready?
        Because then they will have to deal with the patient whining and moaning (and possibly crying) because they're already tired of waiting around at the Dr's and don't really want to spend another hour + waiting around at Volde-Mart. They know this patient is going to blow their lid when they find out the wait time, but choose to give them false hope, saying that by the time they drive from there to us, the medicine will be ready. Then when we're honest with them, it's like poking an angry, injured animal with a sharp stick. Half the time the Rx isn't even called in two hours or more after the patient leaves the office, it's like my former friend said, they got the patient to shut up, and apparently that's what matters. Nevermind how stressful it is, both for us, and for the person that they told "You need and absolutely MUST have these meds or you'll have a heart attack/stroke/die a painful death".

We do have a few who are wised up to the whole thing and you can literally see them suppressing anger before thanking us, saying "It's not your fault" and then also letting us know in no uncertain terms that they're headed to the Dr to make a huge scene. I have one elderly couple that I always know because he's one of those old guys who is always, always whistling severely off key to a tune in his head. The first time I waited on him I had to give him the news that the Dr hadn't called in his wife's meds yet.

"Will you do something for me, miss? Call my Dr. and tell him from me I said "Go to hell"!"
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

My former doc's office once took a few days to send over a script.

I went to pick up the script only to learn it was a brand-name drug and since my insurance only covered generic.....I called the doc's office and the doctor was going to write a new script for a similar generic drug. But she didn't get to it before the end of workday, which was a Friday, and they're closed on the weekend. Too bad I found out by asking the pharmacist for my new script, only to be told they hadn't received it.

When Monday rolled around, the office gave me a half-hearted apology with a "it was beyond our control". Um, not really. Don't tell me during office hours that the script would be sent and then not send it. This wasn't the only reason I changed doctor's offices, but it's what finalized the decision. I'm using another doctor now and am much happier.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

this is why i never let my doc fax a 'script. cuz i know the office lady is so swamped she wont get to do it for hours.
            Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

*looks up at the forum name and sighs* I was about to ask why people ask nurses or doctors if a pharmacy has things in stock and wait times, but... Makes about as much sense asking Autozone if your car is ready at the dealership.

I had nurses and office staff try to tell me when the meds would be ready. My old doctor's office was horrible about it. What they failed to tell you was by "ready" they meant it'd be called IN, not ready in about that time. (Three hours was normal for them to wait to call it in) It would tick me off, but not at the pharmacy, oh no. I'd call and chew the one that's supposed to have called it in.

I like the fact that my preferred doctor and nurse-practitioner left that care group, because now when the nurse-practitioner says he'll have it called in, the worker is calling it in as we leave. And they don't promise a ready time

Having been on the receiving end of similar buck-passing, unfriending the person is the best thing you can do. My only thing is if I ran into the person in THEIR professional setting, I'd have a hard time not rubbing their noses in it. A real hard time. Something about, "You're not gonna get me to stop chewing you out by passing the buck off onto the pharmacy!"

But, I'm sure Shiny is a better person than I am!
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
                this is why i never let my doc fax a 'script. cuz i know the office lady is so swamped she wont get to do it for hours.
                Faxing/ringing in prescriptions is almost a foreign concept down my way. We get handed the script on the day and then go to whatever pharmacy we choose to fill it.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  Faxing/ringing in prescriptions is almost a foreign concept down my way. We get handed the script on the day and then go to whatever pharmacy we choose to fill it.
                  Here in the U.S., the insurance companies put limits on what can be prescribed and how often. Also, as my insurance company is doing, they have contracts with pharmacies to provide meds at agreed prices and if they can't get an agreement with a pharmacy, they drop the pharmacy.

My f***ing insurance company, as of the end of the year, will no longer have a contract with Walgreens, and Walgreens is the only pharmacy in the area that's open on Sundays, as well as having one store with a 24-hour pharmacy. They've also dropped a contract with a major medical corporation, and this corporation has most of the urgent care facilities in the area, as well as most of the best hospitals, including the hospital that's only a couple of miles from my home, the hospital with a major trauma unit. Of course, they announce this after the annual signup, so it's too late to change companies.

I know I'm lucky to have good insurance, but this kind of bulls**t is ridiculous. These decisions all come out of our headquarters, 3,000 miles away, so they have no clue how this will affect us, and they really don't care.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I hate that. I was commenting back and forth with a friend on my own post about an artist I like when another "friend" got on and blasted me on my own wall about how I shouldn't listen to that music. (has some kind of moral issue with it) I deleted his comments and him.
                    I warned everyone on my FB wall a while back that if anyone put up a nasty comment, I would delete it. Sadly, I've had to do it a couple of times.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan

I warned everyone on my FB wall a while back that if anyone put up a nasty comment, I would delete it. Sadly, I've had to do it a couple of times.
                      I've done it a few times but all the people that really know me know better cause I'm super vocal about all my opinions.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yeah, that. And then no waiting and finding out the doctor didn't call in the script for four hours. Plus, you get to choose where you go, which makes it easier when you go to one pharmacy and discover they're swamped, so you can go somewhere else instead.
                        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
                          Quoted for truth. Though I don't have a choice at one doctor's office; they have a computerized system that sends the scripts over. Actually makes sense, especially for anything that's a controlled substance--a SC can't complain he "lost" a prescription.

Which is why my physician above asks me what pharmacy I want to use when she writes the script.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          This, and the OP, are why I never put anything on my FB wall. I lurk, strictly, to keep up with old high school friends.

When I worked in the ER, I had a lot of patients try to get me to call in prescriptions to pharmacies so they wouldn't have to wait to get their meds. Which makes a certain amount of sense, since all the pharmacies near the hospital are packed with other ER patients at certain hours of the day.

I always refused. I was blunt, too. "If I did this, I'd spend all day calling in prescriptions. We don't have the staff; I have patient care to do." These were typically the people who bitched about the wait times in the waiting room, too.

Once I had a physician do this. I still refused, and he got snippy with me. I stood my ground; not in my job description, and I had other priorities. I wouldn't have minded if things were dead (so to speak), but not at 8pm when the place is hopping!
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                            I was about to ask why people ask nurses or doctors if a pharmacy has things in stock and wait times, but... Makes about as much sense asking Autozone if your car is ready at the dealership.
                            I've asked the question. I guess because my doc's office has a working relationship with pharmacies and I thought they could give me a ballpark time-frame. *shrugs*

I've never had a problem with being told when they'll send the script over and to call the pharmacy. I do have a problem with a medical professional making shit up to get rid of me.

Comment

Just be perfectly honest with these customers.
                              "Your doctor lied."
                              It makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X