This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilt-blowing WEDDING!!!

Ok, so last year there was a kilt-blowing proposal at Dragon*Con.

This year... THERE WAS A WEDDING.

The groom is our very own Confused_Corvid. The officiant may be recognizable to a few of you, as well.

VIDEO.

Awesome! Congratulations!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

hmm i missed the proposal last year i guess.

although i did get to see one of my favorite authors in a "utility kilt"

Comment

Videos crash my tablet. Details, please? <innocent cute pleading-eyes face here>
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Another, better-quality video from the Maid of Dishonour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OK7Y5sYt8c

Here's what happened: Last year, shortly before D*C, Confused_Corvid met a lovely woman. After quite a bit of revelry at Con itself (along with various adventures to-and-from Con), and another trip out here to visit her (she lives in the US, not terribly far from me, he lives in England), he proposed. She (after much begging on his part) said yes, and they planned for a wedding at D*C for this year.

Corvid, like all Jennie's fans, is a fan of the Kilt Blowing, and has participated every year he's gone to Con. He and his lovely fiancee decided that not only did they want to get married at Con, they wanted to get married at the Kilt Blowing.

Jennie obliged.

CrazeyAl, a figure not seen much around here, but a frequent visitor to the Devil's Panties forum, stepped in to officiate after their original officiant had to bow out for reasons-unrelated-to-Con-or-Wedding. He did a brilliant job (though he did mix up the rings), and now they're married!

And, hopefully, this means that my Birdieboy will be only an hour's drive away, instead of several hours' flight away, as soon as all the paperwork can be properly filed and he can get his gothy ass over here!

Comment

Is the Kilt blowing what I think it is?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Men. In Kilts.

WITH LEAFBLOWER.

Comment

Yes, Fireheart, the kilt blowing is awesomeness. 30 or so men in kilts, one woman with a leaf blower. And a couple hundred screaming women! I was lucky enough to room with Jen and Raven- they are really great roommates.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                  Men. In Kilts.

WITH LEAFBLOWER.
                  Quoth Ellain View Post
                  Yes, Fireheart, the kilt blowing is awesomeness. 30 or so men in kilts, one woman with a leaf blower. And a couple hundred screaming women! I was lucky enough to room with Jen and Raven- they are really great roommates.
                  Hmmm....wonder if I can convince the boyfriend to take part should we ever get a kilt blowing started down here.

A mutual friend of ours took part in a pipe and drum band and also wore a kilt to his Year 12 formal (aka prom ). Apparently on both kilts (they were loaners), it stated "please wear underwear" with them.

Also is it just me or is the second guy in the lineup to enter the stage (the black guy with a buzzcut) wearing just a towel? O.o
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
                    I was lucky enough to room with Jen and Raven- they are really great roommates.
                    Did you have a chance to break Raven's brain? He has such a lovely whimper...

Then he usually turns around and does one of his Muppet voices...

damn him and his dirty mind...

Comment

I am also a kilt wearing man, got married in mine.
                      The blogger I link below has just started his annual, month long charity drive
                      "Kilted to Kick Cancer" lots of pics of kilted men.
                      If you read some of his posts you'll see EMTs deal with the same EWs and SCs.
                      Gets a little more intense when they are actively bleeding.

http://ambulancedriverfiles.com/

Mods, if I did a bad thing, I'll take it like a man.

Comment

Did you have a chance to break Raven's brain? He has such a lovely whimper...
                        Yes, and I got to see him tickled mercilessly by Jen.

Comment

heh come to think of it last year my bf and i went to "firefly drinking songs" in the front row. the main singer Mark Gunn had a good song about what's underneath the kilt.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            ... underneath the kilt.
                            A blue ribbon!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post

Also is it just me or is the second guy in the lineup to enter the stage (the black guy with a buzzcut) wearing just a towel? O.o
                              That's the "Old Spice" guy
                              You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

Working...
                              X