Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my jaw is still on the shop floor!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my jaw is still on the shop floor!

The other day, a couple of mates were out whitegoods shopping, and they invited me along.

So off we go to a nearby homemaker centre, and enter large retailer, and they hunt down a salesperson to get some prices for what they wanted. It was supposed to be just a washing machine, and then they decided to look at fridges and chest freezers. So they ask what price they can do for all three. The salesperson was quite professional, and had a fair bit of knowledge of the various goods they wanted.

So the salesperson goes off and does the sums, and comes back with the price, which was a little more than what my friends had hoped for. Rather than be polite about it, they said the following to the poor sales guy:

'Well, your price for x product is shit. (Competitor next door) is $50 cheaper, so I think you're just trying to rip us off, so we'll just go to (competitor next door)'.

They then proceeded to spend the whole time going from this store to (competitor next door) bitching about how dodgy the sales guy was trying to rip them off, and comments like, 'well, he's just a television salesman so he probably wouldn't have got any commission for that sale, which is why he was trying to rip us off'.

Meanwhile, I think my jaw is still on the ground as I couldn't believe how arrogant and rude they acted.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

And you didn't beat them?!

Comment

The thing is, if given the chance, the store probably would have matched the price. I bought my fridge from this store a couple of years ago, and they matched another store within this complex's free delivery (saved me $40).

I don't think my mates realise how rude they are. Recently, they went on an around the world trip, and most of the stories I heard from the trip was the abuse they meted out to airport staff (I'm surprised they weren't offloaded based on what they told me what they did/said), but if you try to point out their behaviour, then you're just told to get over yourself and that their actions aren't rude.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

A person who is nice to you, but rude to the (waiter, airport staff, appliance salesman, insert service sector job here) is not a nice person.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The fact that you come here, agree that the general populace are rude, wrong and over-entitled... and then the fact you are still associating with this person is strange to me. Are there some redeeming qualities to this idiot?
          You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

So they don't think they are rude? It'd be interesting to see their reactions if and when somebody uses the same kind of behaviour on them. I'm betting that suddenly they won't believe how rude people can be!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              A person who is nice to you, but rude to the (waiter, airport staff, appliance salesman, insert service sector job here) is not a nice person.
              Escpecially if it is your date for the evening.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Precisely right. I've been on numerous sites that tell you if a woman is sweet to you, but rude to wait staff, checkers, or ESPECIALLY her family, RUN. (Obviously, this is from a male perspective--I hope women would notice men who act like this as well.)

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                  Precisely right. I've been on numerous sites that tell you if a woman is sweet to you, but rude to wait staff, checkers, or ESPECIALLY her family, RUN. (Obviously, this is from a male perspective--I hope women would notice men who act like this as well.)
                  Problem is - they're as bad as each other.

And they wonder why I spend less and less time with them.

Comment

Quoth brucetiki View Post
                    but if you try to point out their behaviour, then you're just told to get over yourself and that their actions aren't rude.
                    Sadly, many people can only see such issues in other people, and not in themselves. They'd probably be the first, and loudest, to complain if some other people were rude to THEM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth brucetiki View Post
                      Problem is - they're as bad as each other.

And they wonder why I spend less and less time with them.
                      I think everyone has a friend like that. Someone that you like to spend time with SOMETIMES but then you take them out in public and they remind you why you haven't been spending much time with them.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                        This is my sister exactly she treats her friends like royalty and everyone else around her like shit, especialy us even her daughter. She doesn't pull any of her shit in public though since she has a perfect image to maintain, she can't let everyone know how much of a truly horrible person she is as well as a horrible mother.
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                        X