This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Other Threads

I've noticed on occasion that some members have put quotes in threads that were originally from another thread. I was wondering how that's done.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I assume it was copy and paste. The easy way to do that is to go to the thread in question, hit the quote button, select the text, copy that to the new reply window, edit out the irrelevant stuff, and use that method of doing it. Just be careful to close tags or it will look funny.

Rapscallion

Comment

Example:

Quoth MMATM
      While I cannot use the PMS quote (being male) I am still going to Hell for various reasons best left unmentioned.

Save you a seat?
      How it's done:

Easy way: Hit "QUOTE" in the other thread, then copy/paste the whole quote and formatting (looks like [ Q U O T E =whomever;######] <text of their quote. [/ Q U O T E] but without the spaces) and then paste into the texteditor window (what you type into).

Hard way:
      Don't bother. Just use the easy way. It's not worth typing out all that formatting junk.

Dammit Raps, you beat me to the punch. And now there's no punch left to drink. Looks like we'll have to drink melted popsicle in Hell. (See quoted thread above.)
      Last edited by MMATM; 05-09-2007, 05:23 AM. Reason: Rapscallion and his shenanigans...
      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I thought PMS for men was called Pissy Man Syndrome. Men may not actually get PMS like woman, but I sure saw a man that would have put a severely PMS'ing woman to shame.
        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Somehow I had the option of being able to do that recently, but I didn't. I was afraid. I forget how I managed it.

Oh, wait, I remember. I was going to quote somebody, but my computer was acting up. Saved the quoted messages and gave me the option of using said quotes in whatever thread I DID end up replying to.

Does that make sense?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Another way to quote in an entiely different thread is to select the post you want to quote using the "Multi-quote this message" button. (It's the one between the "Quote" button and the "Quick Reply" button) Once you do that, go to the other thread and post there. Underneath the reply window will be an option to quote the selected post. Click on it to show the selected post.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
            X