This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for a new forum section

This may have already been proposed, but how about a section titled "Advice".

I see lots of posts in all different sections with requests for help or advice, my idea is to combine that into one section. I read what you said Rapscallion, about tring not to dilute the forum with too many sub sections.

I like the idea of having a dedicated area were we can ask for help.

Thanks for reading,

CM
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

That's definitely an interesting suggestion.
    Not sure what Raps will have to say. I do know he's mentioned that the forum is pretty full at the moment.
    Most of those types of posts go to Off Topic anyway.

Personally, I am hesitant on something like that.
    While we have a lot of very caring, smart people on this board, I don't know of any who are qualified therapists or counsellors.

I worry about having a formal forum for advice. It's one thing to post in a thread and offer support when a person posts and shares something that's bothering them, or that they need help with, but quite another to have an actual space set aside for advice. To me that would imply that those answering would have qualifications to do so, rather than just members talking among themselves about problems.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm always careful about adding more firums, as Ree says. The problem is that things dilute too much.

I considered a sub-forum for birthday greetings or even something along these lines, but then I wondered how many people would go in if they saw new posts? I don't want to take a chance that someone would post and have very few people reading it - it would be a blow.

Ree also points out the potential legal implications - something I'd not considered. It's a very valid concern (Thanks, Ree!).

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
      X