This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark as read?

I don't know whether this is already a feature and i've just missed it or not, but a few other similar boards i visit have the option of making a thread, or a subforum as read.

Can i do the same on these forums or is it not set up to do that?

If its not been set up then it might be worth thinking about it (but if the code is a pain it might not be worth it) as it might be convenient for a few people.

apologies if i'm a numpty and there already is a button that does this
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

never mind,

I left my cursor over the orange circles that show that a forum has new posts in it and it came up with the text of "Double-Click this icon to mark this forum and its contents as read"

i'll shut up and go back to trying to be less of a muppet...
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Also, at the top of the page on the right side is a drop down menu for 'Quick Links'. The second option under that menu is 'Mark Forums Read', so you don't have to do it individually unless you really want to. Read all the stuff that you like that's new, then click the mark all forums option.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

Thanks, Darkforge! I've been trying to figure out how to mark individual forums as read without marking everything as read.
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
        X