X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon News

The headline says it all:

105-Year-Old Texas Woman Reveals Bacon as her Secret behind Long Life

Bacon: not just good, but good for you as well.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

well it's like the "read meat is bad for you" trend. IIRC studies turned out proving that it's not really bad for you... but rather what people cook it in that's bad.

Comment

But I thought everybody knew red meat is good for you - fuzzy blue-green meat is bad for you.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

PE -- A (probably different) article I read about that suggested that the issue was that the "red meat is bad" studies did not differentiate between straight-up red meat and "products that contain beef/red meat"...for example, hot dogs, baloney, SPAM, etc...

Once the related products were removed from study, the negatives all went away with them.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X