Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a theme park ride. And there is a fifth film coming.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Angry Birds live action? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54

Comment

This reminds me of a "Checkpoint" episode where they were talking about an Assassin's Creed movie -- their tagline was something like "[Ubisoft] wants to make a video game movie not suck...and Hollywood doesn't understand". The article about it essentially came down to Hollywood studios trying to take creative control over a movie that Ubisoft/other investors had paid for.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The only reason Tetris hasn't been put to film is because the rights are up in the air. There's been so many tetris clones the trademark is essentially abandoned.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            What next? "Tetris:The Motion Picture"?....LOL!
            Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            It'll be a block buster. Sorry, had to.
            I wouldn't doubt it - for people into WW2 military aviation, "blockbuster" refers to a VERY large (20 ton) bomb. From that viewpoint, the movie "battleship" was a "blockbuster".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Oregon Trail, the movie?
              or has that been done already? Did anyone die of dysentery?
              Hopefully, whoever thought that "Battleship" and "Monopoly" were good ideas for movies.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                I'm not enjoying this trend over the last few years of either making movies of every comic/video game out there, or making ones out of old tv series, or doing remakes of classic films that need to be left the hell alone. Footloose, Carrie, Fame, and About Last Night come to mind. The originals are great, don't mess with them.
                I almost cringe when I hear of a remake anymore . . . it's as if Hollywood has run out of original ideas and have gotten bored. Even worse is when they alter the original to the point where it's not recognizable.

And, on a related note: some of these proposed remakes have been talked about for several years, but so far not went into production (good example of this is The Man From UNCLE - which frankly, I dread to actually see come to life as a updated version.)
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  I almost cringe when I hear of a remake anymore . . . it's as if Hollywood has run out of original ideas and have gotten bored. Even worse is when they alter the original to the point where it's not recognizable.
                  It's not that they are out of original ideas. The ideas are out there. The problem is that the studios don't want to risk trying something new. Taking a risk is pretty much the opposite of their business model. If it was successful before, why not try it again (remake)? Hey! That movie made money! I bet people will pay to see more of it (sequel). That game/book/tv show is popular? Let's go for it! (spin-off).

Unfortunately, the movie-going public is proving them correct. Do you think they would be making Fast and Furious 7 (yes, I know 6 hasn't opened yet. 7 is already filming. Deal with it) if the sheeple weren't flocking to the first 5? The studios have pegged a large portion of the public perfectly. "We don't want to think. Don't make us think. Give us more of the same."

The best line I've heard concerning Hollywood is "Nobody wants to be first. EVERYBODY wants to be second."
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                  X