This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered my Dad's Father's Day present today

And I have to say I think he'll like it.

Beer kit

The kit usually costs around $75 shipped. Because there's some cosmetic damage they've got a few kits on scratch and dent special. 50% off. I was able to get this kit for a little over $40 shipped.

My dad LOVES beer, but has never tried making it himself. This kit has everything he needs, even bottles, bottle caps, labels, and a CD telling him what to do. I've looked at a lot of beer making kits thinking about getting one for him and this was just too good to pass up.

I started brewing in January and its a lot of fun.
    The book "How to brew" is a very good primer on learning all the ins & outs of brewing.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Brewing IS fun.

My dad's been doing it for as long as I can remember. He does it with my uncle, my uncle's neighbour, a bunch of his work colleagues and some of my uncle's neighbours and work colleagues. I've met most of the brewing folks-they're a pretty nice bunch. They get together 1 night a week and brew. The women sit in the kitchen of my uncle's house and gossip (mum has gone a few times ) The men end up with a few bottles each that they take home and leave in their places to age up a bit. It used to be stout, now it's pale ale.

Dad usually has the responsibility of washing the bottles-really old longneck bottles that are about a litre each. He'll wash them in hot water and stick em in the oven.

Lately, one of the brewing guys got to know his neighbours-a really nice Korean couple. He introduced them to the rest of the brewing gang. The husband kept asking how much for the beer and they had to tell him how the process worked! (that is, you contribute in some part and then you get to take home the bottles afterwards)

The Korean couple now join the brewing nights. Apparently they own a sushi shop and the wife brings over sushi occasionally. I'll have to get dad to ask if they own the sushi bar near home.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
        I started brewing in January and its a lot of fun.
        The book "How to brew" is a very good primer on learning all the ins & outs of brewing.
        Just don't (mis)use it by adding it to the batch in place of "priming sugar".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X