This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving You the Business - TV Show

Saw a few eps of this on the Food Network, what do you guys think? Its basically a few unsuspecting managers who are put though the "shift from hell" by the company CEO in order to award one with their own franchise.

I guess I find it borderline sadistic having worked in retail - yet I keep getting tempted to watch it out of interest.

Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCB-S0dbYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPtTw1bmPD0
    Last edited by shopgirl15; 06-08-2013, 09:42 PM.

One can hope that it sticks with them for the rest of their lives and they are a tad more sympathetic for front line workers because of it. May try to catch an episode.

Comment

It's interesting. You retail workers may have a better read on it than a Code Monkey like myself, but the situations they're tossing these people in don't seem especially extreme (other than the Hour from Hell scenario). Having them all happen at once is a bit suspicious granted.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's a Canadian or US production, and have concluded it's a joint production. Some of the stores are Canadian (I saw Canadian currency in one, and another only exists in Ontario), while others are pure American too.

What's interesting too, is that in some of the gray situations that they set up, the CEO acknowledges that there isn't really a right or wrong way to handle it, as long as the situation is handled. Unlike say "Restaurant Stakeout", they aren't berated because they didn't give the guy asking for freebies everything he wanted; but they are watched to see how the moocher/begger is handled in the scenario.

The Problem New Hire scenario is another one that's interesting to watch how it's handled. Once again, there's usually no right or wrong way to handle them, as long as the Manager To Be actually HANDLES them. (Or tries to at least)

All in all, it's a show I'm enjoying so far.

Comment

Yes unlike that Stakeout, there is actually some kind of reward. I would love to see how these franchisees are doing.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X