X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move the deer crossing so the deer won't cross there

http://youtu.be/RFCrJleggrI

I have no words.

O wait, yes I do. It's just that most of them are unprintable.

Credit to Ree for the actual link ^_^

edit: There is a followup video/call, in which the lady in question admits her own goofiness, to her credit. (she had grown up somewhere where this was not an issue, and it never occurred to her that the signs were warnings, not directions)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Wowwwwwwww.....

I believe it was Bill Engvall who quoted his wife as saying "Why do they put up those signs; don't they know deer can't read?"

To their credit, a few of the urban deer here do use a crosswalk near my apartment to cross a busy road. I've witnessed them perform the feat on multiple occasions.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I once had one (trailing deer in a set of three) stare at my car while I was waiting for it to cross...It did so after I flashed my hi-bream headlights at it ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Why move the deer crossing sign, when you could just erect a stop sign next to the deer crossing sign?

That way the deer know to stop and look both ways before crossing. Duh!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I once had one (trailing deer in a set of three) stare at my car while I was waiting for it to cross...It did so after I flashed my hi-bream headlights at it ^_^
          I had something similar with a group of three deer once. They were in a long driveway I had to drive up to get to my newspaper customer. Two ran one way, the other one ran the other way and then stood there with an anxious look on it's face, like it couldn't figure out how to get back across the driveway to get to its friends.

Over the next couple weeks I saw what I think was the same group of deer in the area while out on my routes, and always with the one lagging or trailing off from the other two. I named it Derpy Deer.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Not sure if trolling or just unimaginably stupid...

Yeah, The ducks in my neighborhood look both ways before crossing the street, but you've got to be kidding me.
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I thought that was an urban legend....I remember somebody at work years ago telling that one.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X