This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomingdales New return policy

Apparently Bloomingdales has gotten fed up with people using their store as a "one night apparel rental store".

http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/s...b-4b64cfd1b1b0

Let the return drama begin. I wonder how many meltdowns are in their future??? and how long before the "massive public outcry" by a few causes Bloomingdales to back off this policy.

The commenters also tell some "interesting" stories one involving Victoria's Secret stuff after V-Day.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Maybe it was market specific, but when I worked for Bloomingdales in 1994, those tags were already in use. I do like the practice and think all stores should do something similar.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      The commenters also tell some "interesting" stories one involving Victoria's Secret stuff after V-Day.
      WTF? My understanding is that by federal law, underwear is non-returnable for hygene reasons, and what VS sells would qualify as underwear.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Apparently Bloomingdales has gotten fed up with people using their store as a "one night apparel rental store".
        Good! I'm glad to see Bloomingdales cracking down on that practice.

Thing is, there ARE apparel rental stores. Why the heck don't these customers use those? Customer pays a small fee for a one-night dress and isn't stuck with a dress costing hundreds of dollars, the store makes their profit, everybody wins!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Why the heck don't these customers use those?
          Quoth XCashier View Post
          Customer pays a small fee...
          Answered your own question right there.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            what VS sells would qualify as underwear.
            They also sell non-undies according to my spam from them (heads out of the gutter--I'm shopping for the Mrs.). Back to the OP, I agree with Bloomingdale's about this new policy. This also brings to mind an family jewel: Anything that can be abused, will be sooner or later.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              WTF? My understanding is that by federal law, underwear is non-returnable for hygene reasons, and what VS sells would qualify as underwear.
              AFAIK, Kohl's takes returns on underwear. It's one of the reasons I don't shop there. I know the stuff is probably damaged out, but....well, how can I be sure?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                I'm guessing that the returned items are things like nighties, negligees and anything that's designed for "Hanky panky" in the bedroom.

Example: my local bra store also sells "naughty" costumes, handcuffs, edible body paint and stuff like that.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X