Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batshit crazy bridezilla gets put in her place!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batshit crazy bridezilla gets put in her place!

http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blog...ride-does.html

Less flashy linky: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rud...-1226733691539

Basically a bridezilla threw a fit when a guest had to pull out of her wedding, telling her that she shouldn't expect to attend the wedding for free. Somehow the bride ended up spending $200 PER HEAD for the wedding.

The end result was that the guest sent her a letter with a penny attached.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Calling this bride a "bridezilla" is an insult to bridezillas. This gives new meaning to the saying, "The ring goes on, the mask comes off."

Also, why do people need to spend an obscene amount of money for a wedding? Couldn't that money be better spent on a down payment on a house or payment on your bills?
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

The bride MUST HAVE HER DAY. HER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAY!!!!!!!

Not all brides are like that, of course. But those who are...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
        Also, why do people need to spend an obscene amount of money for a wedding? Couldn't that money be better spent on a down payment on a house or payment on your bills?
        A few reasons:

-several businesses will charge extra for weddings for two reasons: either due to repeated cases of bridezillas, or because it's a one-off event. Here's a little more about this (Note: YMMV)

-the bride wants to "look good" in front of her family and friends and/or outdo her friends or family.

-both families may need to cater for the more obscure guests. (for instance, your cousin's sisters daughter )

-the bride or groom is only going to experience it once and therefore wants to go all out.

Quoth Tama View Post
        Not all brides are like that, of course. But those who are...
        I'm very glad that of my school colleagues and friends who HAVE gotten married, their weddings have all carried a common theme:

-small number of guests (max has been around 100 or so)
        -simple outfits.
        -gotten more directly involved in the wedding themselves (ie set up the hall, made the complimentary gifts or wishing well etc) rather than just picking the food, dress and music.
        -had friends or family willing to help at reduced prices or other deals. (ie one girl had a photography friend take photos for her wedding (and her pregnancy) under the proviso that the pictures (in both cases) were used to help build up the photographer's portfolio)

As for my partner and I, his mum and several of our friends have pretty much said that they can see the two of us having a medieval themed wedding. Partially because of my boyfriends reenactment group and partially because of my desire to buck the trend and NOT have a white wedding. They are all pretty much on the mark-I've said that I'd buck the trend of white weddings and have a slightly unusual wedding
        Last edited by fireheart; 10-06-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

If I ever get married again I'm going to go to the courthouse on my lunch break and then tell people about it later.

As for the bride in the OP, I'm at a loss for words.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

When I got married (Damn has it been that long) almost 30 years ago (now divorced 7 years) the Ex and I wanted a SMALL gathering of family and friends THAT WAS ALL. NO elaborate outfits or themes or expensive meals or the local BIG cathedral. Just a simple ceremony and about 15 of us (family and a few friends) at a local restaurant.

IF my GF and I could get married now (there are reasons why we can't), again, very simple stuff.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post

Because something as common-sense as that doesn't give the Speshul Snowflake types their chance to play Princess for a Day, with everybody obeying their every order and catering to their every whim.

If you want a hilarious, touching (and ocassionally depressing) look at weddings and the industries that cater to them, you might want to try to find The Eternal Bliss Machine, by Marcia Seligson. The author crisscrossed the continental U.S. attending weddings in various ethnic/religious groups, and various areas of the country (e.g. the Deep South and the inner-city north). She also spoke to bakers, florists, wedding dress purveyors and so on. She's got an extremely candid and descriptive way of writing that probably didn't win her any friends, but made for a terrific book. It was written in the early 1970s, and she also includes simpler weddings (think hippie weddings) and same-sex weddings, both of which were starting to come into their own at this time.

Oh, and kudos to the friend who blasted the bride in the OP. I very much doubt it will effect any changes in the bride's "I AM THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE!!" mentality, but at least that's one person who won't get an ulcer trying to placate this idiot in future.
              Last edited by Pixilated; 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Ha, I was going to post this. What I would give to be a fly on the wall when this was read.

I have always loved the idea of a Vegas wedding - cheap and fun!

Comment

More batshit crazy brides...and one bridesmaid.

After the first article, the website was flooded with stories about brides behaving badly.

As for the celebrant in THIS article, good for her for putting the stupid bride in her place...particularly with the "legal wedding vows" part (the vow is simply: I call upon the persons here present to witness that I, fireheart, take thee, SO, to be my lawful wedded wife (or husband)”; or words to that effect.)

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
                    I have always loved the idea of a Vegas wedding - cheap and fun!
                    As Mrs. TGK has often quipped: If ours wasn't Karl's first, hello Sin City.

As for the article with the cost, I'm impressed by the tactful description of the PITA fee.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      More batshit crazy brides...and one bridesmaid.

After the first article, the website was flooded with stories about brides behaving badly.

*snip*
                      Love the one about the bride who had a list as long as your arm for the celebrant (including buying a whole new outfit if she didn't approve of any of the ones the potential celebrant already had) and who then apparently decided to go with someone else.

And THEN called six weeks later, schmoozing about how much she'd love for the writer to be the celebrant at her marriage. I'm wondering whether she fired the other(s) or whether he/she/they all quit, figuring that nothing was worth this aggravation. The ultimate karma would be if she couldn't find any celebrant for her wedding day ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                        Love the one about the bride who had a list as long as your arm for the celebrant (including buying a whole new outfit if she didn't approve of any of the ones the potential celebrant already had) and who then apparently decided to go with someone else.
                        Some people are just plain nitpicky. They're CELEBRANTS, not wedding planners. >.>

Personally, I couldn't give two flying farts about what the celebrant is wearing as long as they don't resemble a Catholic priest.

Some of the stuff in those articles is just more about the bride worrying that SOMEONE will notice. For instance-the celebrant outfits. Who gives a fuck?! Another one: the bridesmaids hair.

If I also had a friend who wanted me to buy a dress two sizes bigger (in case I fell pregnant...hello, birth control!) and not let me cut my hair, I would not only be refusing the request to be a bridesmaid, but also encouraging her other attendants to do the same

Comment

I REALLY wonder if the bride took any of that to heart, or just crumpled it up and complained about how 'horrible' people were to her.
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            The bride MUST HAVE HER DAY. HER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAY!!!!!!!
                            Any bride who utters those words or some variation thereof, deserves having her groom (or bride) walk on her right then and there.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              I REALLY wonder if the bride took any of that to heart, or just crumpled it up and complained about how 'horrible' people were to her.
                              Yep, people generally only seek out (and pay attention to) information that suits their world view so criticism is easily dismissed as jealousy or malice.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X