Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Restaurants in the USA (Warning: Not safe for lunch)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Restaurants in the USA (Warning: Not safe for lunch)

Are These America’s Worst Restaurants?

All of these restaurants had bad food, bad service, and poor inspection grades for multiple sanitation violations. Inspectors found live mice and live cockroaches in the kitchen in some of these places. Many of these restaurants were investigated by the local media for the violations. If you're looking for Amy's Baking Company on this list, you won't find it.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I remember hearing that ABC was, at least, clean...
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I have a casual friend that used to work in restaurant inspections. I'd be willing to bet that he'd say that any one of those is not a surprise.

Of course, he had the "pleasure" of inspecting a restaurant that had someone working on a motorcycle engine in the kitchen, live and dead rodents in the storage area in the basement (with evidence of flood damage), and fryer oil that he wasn't entirely sure didn't come from said motorcycle...

He was prepared, however, since this place had been an ongoing problem. He made sure the police were there and when he walked out of the kitchen and told the guests that the restaurant was closed and to leave immediately, he had backup. Needed it too. The guests left with some grumbling, but explanations were enough to get them to go peacefully.

Not so much the cook. He wasn't happy. Beyond Amy's level of not happy. My friend got a meat cleaver embedded in his chest for his troubles...

Remember I said my friend was prepared? I meant it. He showed up at the restaurant wearing body armor under his shirt and tie. Saved his life, thankfully.

And yeah, that restaurant is LONG gone. I believe they leveled the building while the attempted homicide case was still looking for a jury.

(I've seen the armor. Pretty impressive chunk taken out out of the middle of it...)
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've heard horror stories about bad restaurant practices. I've heard of one where they squeezed water out of lettuce by placing it between two boards and running it over with a van. Another got its taco filling from dog food. Why do some restaurant owners think they can get away with this?
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          Why do some restaurant owners think they can get away with this?
          Usually because they can. Health inspection agencies (like most non-military government operation) are underfunded and understaffed. As such, inspectors don't inspect as frequently as they should, miss stuff, or simply issue a "fix this mess" order and don't follow up on it because the paperwork to shut a place down is more than their workload can handle.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X