This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Comic... oh boy.....

Quick recap for those behind: Josh the brown noser interviewed to jump to Delman's. Then he turned around and told Marla that he got an offer. Marla told him it's his choice on what to do. Josh then called Stewart demanding for a raise which Stewart did in order to keep his protégé from leaving. Turns out that in now yesterday's strip that Josh was in fact never offered a job with Delman's.

So yeah... things about about to heat up.
    Last edited by Ree; 10-27-2013, 07:58 PM.
    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

It's kind of disheartening because Josh has gotten away with so much, and I just know Stuart will do absolutely nothing to him. He didn't with the raise thing. Why should this be different?

I see Marla leaving somehow, she's so pissed off.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Personally I got this feeling based upon today's comic that Bradley might suddenly change his tune on the whole situation and will claim that he offered Josh a job if Marla ever brings it up to Stuart. That way it makes Marla look bad and Stuart will use this as a reason why to fire Marla. And you dang well know that Josh will play along with the lie since after all if he were to suddenly tell the truth then he would be the one in heat not Marla.

But we'll see.
      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Considering he's a corporate snake.. What makes you think he's telling the truth?? It's WAY within character for Josh to lie or fabricate under delusion.. but this may just be another Delman's tactic.
        You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

Actually I'm hoping the Delman's guy does offer him a job with an even HIGHER offer to lure him over, leaving Josh in the position of either having to see if Stuart will match THAT (which will then have to make him admit he lied in the first place) or actually jump ship.

The problem, of course, is that Marla et al need an enemy, and Josh is perfect in that position. I actually prefer him to when Stuart was the head of things because Marla couldn't change anything. Marla having some power (like being able to give Coop his new position) gives the comic a lovely new twist and also lets Marla 'win' sometimes. I suspect the status quo will continue with the cast remaining as-is, but Stuart will be just a touch less enamoured with his golden boy.

Of course, I would be happy to be wrong...
          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I really don't see Marla's phone call going well. It never goes well when anyone in the strip is this happy about screwing someone else over...except Cooper, but he's an anomaly :P
            Last edited by Tama; 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM.
            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Norm seems to be going for realism in his strips lately, which makes them more relatable, but also more depressing.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                Personally I got this feeling based upon today's comic that Bradley might suddenly change his tune on the whole situation and will claim that he offered Josh a job if Marla ever brings it up to Stuart. That way it makes Marla look bad and Stuart will use this as a reason why to fire Marla. And you dang well know that Josh will play along with the lie since after all if he were to suddenly tell the truth then he would be the one in heat not Marla.

But we'll see.
                What would Bradley's motivation be to do that?

Comment

I think Marla should be going over Stuart's head (or at least go to him and his boss at the same time). There has to be a paper trail that will show the raise (and failure to verify that there was actually an offer on the table in the first place) is all on Stuart, and considering his pretty blatant favoritism, just going to him without involving his boss as well will just lead to him trying to cover his ass.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                    What would Bradley's motivation be to do that?
                    To put Grumbel's out of business at the mall, which would mean more business for Delman's instead.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

With Marla gone, Josh would be manager...and Bradley knows that he could take him on.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Working...
                      X