X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ani-gay SC's don't tip

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...m/-/index.html

The story above is about a couple who wrote "Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God. May God have mercy on you." On a restaurant bill instead of a tip. My favorite comment below the article is: Jesus was well known as a big tipper. "Render unto thy bartenders and waitstaff, that which they earn by the sweat of their brow. Leave generous tips at the corner tabernacle, and thee shall be rewarded with good karma." - Merlotians 4:20

Which sounds like something Joker would say.
    Persephone is the reason for the season.

Tips are for good service, not for following your personal agenda. If you were happy with the service, you tip (we're talking about the US here where tipping is expected to make up for a sub-minimum wage)

I'd like to know how the customers knew the server was gay. And those are two customers who should be persona non grata at area restaurants, if they can be identified.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF they probably didn't know and it just happened to be fact. When I was a server (long before social media) I got a similar note. It was just an excuse not to tip me (my regular customers asked what they were writing (you paid up front) they told them that they thought I wasn't a good server and they were telling me what to work on. The regulars were confused and when I saw the note about not tipping because they didn't agree with my lifestyle and hoped I would come to God. I almost died laughing. I showed it to the regulars and one said, "I guess they don't know that both of your parents are ministers."

Comment

This really belongs on Fratching. In fact, it already is there. Please amble on over there if anyone wishes to continue the discussion.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X