X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-Flying SC at airport

http://myfox8.com/2013/11/29/airline...o-flight-crew/

Just wow . . . SCness taken to another level.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Yeah, caught the original thread for this. http://imgur.com/a/kbPuw?gallery

IMO Mr. Gale, the guy who got slapped, was also a bit of a prick.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Yeah, caught the original thread for this. http://imgur.com/a/kbPuw?gallery

IMO Mr. Gale, the guy who got slapped, was also a bit of a prick.
      He was giving her a taste of her own medicine. See how she feels when she is disrespected.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I agree that "Elan" was a kind of prick, but he was giving her back what she was dishing out. And obviously, when he found he struck a nerve by telling her to eat a dick...well, he stuck with it.. But damn was that funny.

Comment

Look, he was a prick, but I can tell you from experience (working 50+ hours a week in this biz) that airline SC's are completely and totally OFF THE HOOK when it comes to entitlement.

I'm far from impartial, but my co-workers and I were hooting and hollering, cheering for Elan because we have ALL had to deal with entitled bitches like her. Every damned day.

Hell, she's probably one of our customers.

Yes, he went overboard. But he was just saying what the poor FA couldnt say, and what everyone else around her was thinking. And she freaking SLAPPED him, and he waived away the offer of calling the police? Oh, HELL no. If this had been a man who slapped a woman, he'd have been tackled. I find that part appalling as well.

I think we all might like Elan a bit better after reading his follow up. He makes some great points about how people treat service personnel:

http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/68424148654/diane
          Last edited by Peppergirl; 12-01-2013, 09:44 AM. Reason: Added link of his follow-up post
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I really wish he had pressed charges, only because this bitch will learn NOTHING from the experience. She will go on her entitled, asshat way and continue to treat people like shit. The thing is, I am probably kidding myself to think she would have learned a damn thing anyway.

Comment

Suck on both sides, tho I'm leaning much towards Ms. 7A as being the worst offender by a large margin. Epic either way. ^_^

Pepper - love his followup.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've been on and off the fence on this one all day. I really wish Elan had handled it with a little more class.
                To me, the biggest difference is that his nastiness was directed at the correct person - hers was directed at cabin personnel who have next to nothing to do with departure times.

For a flip side to the issue: (Completely unverified by me, just stumbled across it.)

Bullying at 35 thousand feet

ETA: Do not c'n'p the ellipsed url.

To me this "cousin story" is just a little too conveniently tragic, but I took away two thoughts:

There is a degree of EW I'd be willing to forgive if the extenuating circumstances were dire enough, and since I don't always know the background, maybe I should be a little more forgiving in general.

My original thought was cheering on Elan simply for not staying in the background as service people got abused, but would he have been as aggressive about it had the instigator been a big, bulked up male?
                Last edited by sms001; 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I admit that Elan was a prick, but Diane needed to be a little antagonizing. My favorite tweet is the one that comes BEFORE Elan starts antagonizing Diane. When the Flight attendant says he too wants to be with his family and Diane says "THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU." At that point it's TOTAL EW territory. Also, the follow up really makes me side with Elan.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Another article:
                    http://www.losangelista.com/2013/11/...types=og.likes

IMHO, they're both wrong, but Elan is worse. The sexual comment was completely unwarranted (no way he would have done that if the SC had been a man), and I have zero respect for people who brag about acting like assholes.
                    Random Doctor Who quote:
                    "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
                    I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Maybe Elan was wrong, but to be honest, I'm more on his side than Diane's. Cuz I always like to hear about people who stand up for people working in customer service and retail, and wish more people would.

Incidentally, I always stand up if I see a retail drone being verbally abused by an SC cuz I know damn well what it's like, and I don't want the SC to think that everyone around them is silently approving of their bratty behaviour.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Maybe Elan was wrong, but to be honest, I'm more on his side than Diane's. Cuz I always like to hear about people who stand up for people working in customer service and retail, and wish more people would.

Incidentally, I always stand up if I see a retail drone being verbally abused by an SC cuz I know damn well what it's like, and I don't want the SC to think that everyone around them is silently approving of their bratty behaviour.
                        This. I'm not saying he wasn't a jerk too, but dammit. Someone has to say something when this happens.

And if we're going to talk about sexism, if a MAN had smacked a woman (instead of vice versa) he would have been tackled by airport security.

Funny how people (not here, on the internet in general) are conveniently overlooking the fact that she assaulted him, and focusing only on his actions. I'm not condoning what he did, mind, but the hypocrisy is getting ridiculous.

I do concede that I'm not exactly impartial, as I work in this business and at least once a week am subjected to abuse. And I can't do much about it, either, unless they cuss me out.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it was a hoax.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...note-hoax.html

Comment

I saw that yesterday and meant to post.

Dickhead.

Comment

Not surprising, it was certainly entertained as a possibility several places, given Elan's history. And it's the interwebz, so caveat.

Certainly doesn't invalidate the thought process the whole thing made me go through, and is definitely a rather sad commentary on consumers that we would have no problem believing a Diane exsists.

Comment

Working...
                              X