This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The morning after...

Had a storm surge on the east coast of England yesterday... this is some of the damage left. My sons school is closed today, as are several others, because they're being used as emergency centres.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/9am_upda...mage_1_3082332
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Just wow!!!

Thank Goodness you and yours are okay, though.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm a few miles inland, and on ground that's a bit elevated - the floods don't usually come my way - but I saw film on TV of one poor couple whose house was lost, and it was heartbreaking. Their good neighbours formed a human chain to rescue as many possessions as they could, until it got to the point where it was too dangerous for anyone to stay in the house any more.
      The ironic thing was, that very evening the couple had been at a fund-raising night on the local pub, to raise money to improve the sea defences.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Clearly karma was returning the favor then! Wow, how great that they could recover as much as they could with people's help.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
        X