This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company's Public Shaming of Ranting Customer Results in Flood of Orders

When customers unfairly rant about poor service on Facebook, most companies just turn the other cheek. But one Washington business decided to respond in full to one irate client's accusations — and was rewarded with a hefty return on investment.

Yakima-based Liberty Bottleworks — "The ONLY American made metal bottle in the marketplace" — gets its share of negative feedback, but when one customer unjustly accused it — in ALL CAPS — of being bad at its job, Liberty Bottleworks co-founder and COO Ryan Clark was moved to respond:
    http://gawker.com/companys-public-sh...7443/@neetzanz

Clone this man, put the clones into suits and parachute them into corporate offices everywhere.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Bravo!

I don't even need any metal cans, and want to go out and buy some. Good on ya Mr. Clark.

Comment

Dude, I want to work for THAT guy!
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          Bravo!

I don't even need any metal cans, and want to go out and buy some. Good on ya Mr. Clark.
          This. Exactly. My first thought was "I wonder if I have a use for his company's product".
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Reusable water bottles. Pretty ones, too.
            What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
              Reusable water bottles. Pretty ones, too.
              Fairly decently priced as well.

I'm thinking of getting a 12th Man one (some of the proceeds from that one go to charity, too).
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have a ton of reusable water bottles and can't really justify buying any more right now.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Oh I think I have found a few Christmas presents.

Comment

Wow, that guy is an amazing boss! I don't really need another water bottle but I'd be happy to buy one anyway just because of this.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      Clone this man, put the clones into suits and parachute them into corporate offices everywhere.

THIS! Totally agree!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                        Exactly.

Unfortunately, if anything corporate suits will just hold this up as an example of "what not to do."
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I was reading some of the comments after the story and notice a couple people that felt like the person that posted the complaint. The one that made me laugh was the guy that said that if you work retail, then you must work weekends and holidays because Amazon is open 24/7.

I decided to check the website that the ranting person said they used to buy the bottles. It says right on the Contact page "Our offices and Liberty Bottle retail boutique are open Monday thru Friday, 8am - 4:30pm. Our online marketplace is open 24/7." That lady just couldn't be bothered to read before whining about no one answering the phone. I know she saw that page because it's where you go to get the email address that she had used to bitch at them

Comment

Is it kind of sad that hoaxes are so common that my first response to this was "best boss ever" and my second response was "I hope that this isn't yet another hoax"
                            Either way, will probably be buying one or two of their water bottles... I've needed a new one for work and it is nice to see that if nothing else, I've found a place that actually manufactures in America.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I love the part about how celebrating the holidays is not exclusive to the SC. Love it!!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X