Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative writing; what's the worst that could happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative writing; what's the worst that could happen?

Back in the 80's, when I was in high school, I had to write a short paper as if I was writing 20 years in the future. This was in a computer class; the intent was just to have us learn about a word processing program. For a joke, I wrote that I was serving a prison sentence for the murder of my computer teacher. The teacher thought it was hilarious; he kept it to show to other teachers and they all had a good laugh.

It could have been worse. I could have ended up with a criminal record.

This student got arrested for writing a violent essay that didn't actually threaten anyone or anything.

Just curious; is Stephen King still on the loose?
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

i had several incidents where i was warned and advised i could get in trouble for what i wrote or drew, both in elem/middle(public) and high school(private)

Comment

They did go way overboard, but honestly, who would be stupid enough to write something like that in the wake of the worst school shooting in US history?

Comment

My guess is he wrote it before the shooting and the teacher read it after the shooting. It is rather disgusting that he was arrested, fined and forced to see a phyciatrist and then not allowed back to his regular school.

Hell if I had an assignment like that back in high school creative writing I probably would have been put in the loony bin. I keep my violence to myself - it's safer.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I'd bet my last dollar that his ethnicity was a factor in his arrest.

Free Speech in America
          1776-2007
          RIP

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
          X