X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Worst College Mascots

http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/738

This made me giggle.

As an aside, I went to Michigan State, and Sparty, our mascot, is kick-a**, and has won lots of mascot competitions, so I may be a little biased.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Heeheehee. I kinda like the "Blue Blob" (but then again I'm odd that way).

Hahvahd's mascot is...truly disturbing.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Hey, the mascot of my Alma Mater (the Phoenix) is on that list!

I have to say, it's a fairly crappy mascot. Unique, but crappy.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You've got to wonder what some of these colleges are thinking. A saggy blue Cookie Monster clone? Yeah, I'm sure that'll rally the troops.

Frankly, I'm not sure I'd want to trust my higher education to a school that can't tell the difference between an ibis and a duck!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That list was hilarious.

I'm not sure how "Cocky", our local mascot for the University of South Carolina missed this list. Probably because as a mascot, he doesn't look bad. It's a pretty nice suit. I'm sure most of the furrys out there would do him. However, c'mon. He's supposed to be a chicken. Named COCKY. Y'know, of "Can't lick our cocks" fame.

I swear I don't know how the cheerleaders keep their faces straight.

Comment

Oh my gosh, I had to stop reading that because I was laughing and didn't want to wake my husband up. He's getting Z's and I've been up since 6 with a migraine. Sigh. Night shift is hard, but we got laid off last night, so sleep and home, here I come!

Seriously, some of those were pretty bad, especially coming from such big name schools.
            I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Ive been to a couple of Xaviers games and seen the blob there
              The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

I'm glad the WSU "WuShock" is in the top ten. I live near Wichita (and work there), and I've always hated that thing. It took me years to figure just what the heck it's supposed to be. When I was little, I thought Wichita State was called the Shockers, like for electricity and lightning. But alas, they mean shockers as in "those who shock wheat." Oh yeah, that's powerful
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Right...how many people do they think will know that?

(I thought it was electricity too, and was "wtf is that thing? A capacitor with hair?"

I showed Providence College's to mom and she almost fell over laughing.

Comment

That had to be the most pathetic phoenix I have ever seen.

For crying out loud, he looks like a neutered bald eagle who got spray-painted.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      That had to be the most pathetic phoenix I have ever seen.

For crying out loud, he looks like a neutered bald eagle who got spray-painted.
                      Isn't it though?

It's as if the university decided to have the Phoenix for its mascot without knowing what one looked like, so they came up with something looking like a Warner Brothers reject.

And its name is Phlash. How creative. I think I will replace all my F's with PH's, just because it looks like a phunny thing phor me to do. Just kind oph phucking around, you know?
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow. Some of that had me gasping for air. I was almost doubled over from laughing so hard. I'm glad I wasn't drinking, or I would have seriously violated Rule #1.
                        Testing
                        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

That blue blob thing kinda reminds me of the Creeping Terror.
                          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            And its name is Phlash. How creative. I think I will replace all my F's with PH's, just because it looks like a phunny thing phor me to do. Just kind oph phucking around, you know?
                            It sounds like something that a number of the tourist-targeted inns up in Maine (and probably other areas as well) tend to adore so much...replacing all C's with K's ("Kozy Kabins", etc). Supposed to sound cute (sorry, "kute") or something like that.

WTF is "Riptide" supposed to be anyway? Wile E. on crack!?
                            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-03-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Boy am I glad I went to a University (USD) who's mascot was a coyote. Hold still while I naw on your leg.
                              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                              X