X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I will never again be a fast food manager- Wendy's chili shooting

Apparently chili sauce is worth shooting people over:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_sauce...SUF2g0Df7tiBIF

*MOD EDIT- This was here first, but the title didn't reflect the story, so there was a duplicate thread formed on the same subject.
    I am merging both threads. ~Ree
    Last edited by Ree; 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Shot over Chili Sauce

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18948833?GT1=9951

Ok all of you customer lurkers who think that this site doesn't need to be here, read this article. Maybe you'll realize that there really are times when the precious customer is not always right.

Comment

I'm sure there are going to be some people out there who will make the argument that "It's just chili sauce ... why not give the customer what he wants?"

Of course, those people are morons, but I have a feeling they do exist.

I've been threatened with violence for enforcing store policy before, but I never imagined somthing like this could really happen ... I hope the manager's ok

Comment

I'm almost afraid to leave the house these days.
        I might pass someone on the highway and get a bullet in the brain because they took offense.

I don't like guns, and it would be really easy to go off on a anti-gun tirade, but when someone is so messed up mentally that they shoot someone over condiments, I suppose the weapon of choice is a moot point.
        It could just as easily have been a knife or baseball bat.
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Apparently, I need to go to Wendy's and try the chili sauce. It must be addictively good.

Seriously, that's just stupid to shoot someone for. I mean, I suppose it's stupid to shoot someone for having different religious beliefs too, but chili sauce is a whole new kind of stupid.
          Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

That is both the stupidest thing to be shot over and the stupidest thing to ( in 4 days when they find him ) go to prison for.

The only consolation here is at some point in the near future this guy will be tossing salad. Perhaps with chilli sauce.

Comment

if I'm not mistaken, the "chili sauce" is just a very spicy oil. My ex likes to put it on his taco salad. They NEVER offer it, you have to ask for it, but yeah, they limit quantities. ANd I don't blame them. I've seen an older gentleman walk in, ask for like 20 packets, then sit at a table opening the packets and pouring them into an old tabasco sauce bottle.... *sigh* Stocking up for the week, apparently.

To SHOOT somebody for sauce packets... yeah, firm grip on reality there, bucko.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Well, you know, I don't know if you can get "Ring of Fire" from Wendye's chili sauce, but I bet you can get a five alarm version of it in the prison shower.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Que the customer saying "They are now emotionally distressed from having to shoot somebody and the only thing they can do is sue" in 5 4 3 2 1

Comment

A friend emailed the story to me this morning, so I sent her the link to this site. People need to know that this kind of thing is not an aberration anymore.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

This happened down the road from me, well about 11 miles, but it is still too close.
                      http://www.kentuckynewera.com/articl...ree/news04.txt
                      Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Working...
                      X