This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Premises

I thought it was pretty interesting anyway ... I never thought to question the premise of Mario Bros when I was 7 ...

http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2022

WOW!! I have to say I'm fairly surprised that not a single Square Enix game made that list. They all have pretty ridiculous premises, they are just good at backing their ridiculous story up.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I thought so too ...

But I guess they're more accepting of fantasy themes than they are of what basically amounts to an acid trip (Kirby, anyone?) ...

Comment

Quoth DrugSlinger View Post
        I thought so too ...

But I guess they're more accepting of fantasy themes than they are of what basically amounts to an acid trip (Kirby, anyone?) ...
        Even so then, with all of the Mario games that made the list, Mario Bros 2 anyone? It wasn't even made by the same people who made all the other Mario games, and in it's Japanese release, had nothing to do with Mario. It had everything you need for an acid trip: flying carpets, doors into an alternate dimension, NO STORY LINE, and turnips galore!
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
        X